Our story begins in the late 1880s. There is no Red Dead Revolver, just Red, a young kid living with his family on the western frontier. His family strikes gold-strikes it rich in fact-but it is not long before news of their good fortune reaches the ears of General Diego, a rogue Mexican general, who sends his bandits on a mission to massacre Red's family and steal their gold.
Red's family is slaughtered before his eyes, his mother burned, his father shot down. Red has only revenge on his mind. He quickly picks up his dad's gun - which fell into the fire - burning his hand and leaving an imprint as a permanent scar and reminder of what happened. But he gets off a single shot, hitting one of the bandits in the arm as they ride off.
Now, many years later as a man, Red's prepares to act on his lifelong thirst for revenge…
Red Dead Revolver is a blazing third person gun slinging action game, fueled by a revenge driven storyline punctuated with humor. The arcade style gameplay blends seamlessly with the elements of the Wild West era. Full motion capture cutscenes fuel the cinematic ambition of the game.
You will learn the ways of the untamed frontier as a bounty hunter, in your quest for justice. Red's arsenal includes a variety of weapons including pistols, rifles, shotguns, and dynamite. During levels Red can carry one side arm, one long arm, and one thrown weapon. In total there will be around 30 different weapons.
The Wild West is realized with a wide variety of environments. Dusty towns, windswept prairies, rugged saloons - all of the elements that one would expect to see in a classic Western movie respectfully integrated into the game. There is a stunning attention to lighting in Red Dead Revolver. Rays of sunlight stream in through windows, candles and torches correctly light interiors, and the sunsets are breathtaking.
Features (Xbox& PS2) :
- Levels capture the authentic look, feel and vibe of the old western towns - scorching sun, dust blowing around, faded wooden buildings, etc.
- Red can duck, jump, take cover, diver & roll, and use the environment to his advantage
- Choose from an arsenal of authentic weapons from the 1800's including:
- Short arm weapons like (six shooters, pistols)
- Long arm weapons like (Owl rifle, Bayonet rifle)
- Throwable weapons (dynamite and Molotov's)
- Environmental weapons (Gatling gun)
- There are no scopes on any of the guns - this is the 1800's - but when using a rifle, the camera will "pan in" to help accuracy…the better the rifle, the more it will zoom…
- The reticle will turn from orange to red when on a vulnerable part of an enemy
- Play as multiple characters throughout the game. Each character has their own special ability. For example, Red has Dead Eye aiming and General Diego can shoot flares.
- "Dead Eye" is a technique that lets Red go into slow motion and target specific parts of an enemy's body. Once he shoots, he will unleash a barrage of bullets to all of these areas, inflicting much more damage on the enemy.
- Shooting the bandits and other lowlifes earns money, depending on accuracy and what weapon is used affects how much they drop
- Shooting multiple enemies builds up reward "multipliers," resulting in more money for the people shot. To keep the multiplier going kills need to happen every 5 seconds.
- Red uses money to repair weapons, regain health, upgrade weapons, and unlock various in items in multiplayer
- Red Dead Revolver will utilize a variety of gameplay elements, such as riding down outlaws on horseback, fighting aboard trains, and commanding stagecoaches
- Riding animals gives Red an advantage in terms of speed and power as he can run over enemies…and, in true western fashion, catch up to moving trains
- Full motion capture cutscenes are placed throughout levels and are all done in-game. They are used to help set-up the story and background of the characters.
- "Dueling" is a major part of Red Dead Revolver - very often players will need to handle enemies and bosses in this style of play. Dueling always begins in slow motion - the goal is to draw faster than the opponent and target accurately and quickly.
- HDTV 480P and 480P widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
- Xbox Live Aware (Gives players the ability to access friends list and accept game invites)
- Runs at 60hz, twice the framerate of PS2
- Textures have been double or quadrupled in resolution over PS2
- Hard drive saving (fast saves)
- Hard drive caching, resulting in game loads of 2 to 3 times faster then the PS2
- An Xbox-only multiplayer level
- Increased sound memory allows twice as many variations of most sound effects in each sound bank at a higher quality, so, for example, if there are 3 ricochet sounds on PS2 there are 6-8 ricochet sounds on Xbox, and so on.
More articles about Red Dead Revolver