This patch will update Call of Duty to 1.4. It contains one new Multiplayer
map (Stalingrad), PunkBuster anti-cheat support, and various Multiplayer
adjustments and bug fixes.
Stalingrad - In the winter of 1942, Soviet infantry from the 13th Guards
Division struggle to hold a small apartment complex in the southern end of the
shattered city. Riflemen on both sides can cover the open ground while flanking
teams armed with automatic weapons attempt to penetrate the enemy line through
a deadly close-quarters maze of urban interiors.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed a possible exploit with certain spectator-specific commands.
- Fixed a bug with the servercache.dat that caused some players to have
difficulty loading the in-game browser.
- Fixed an issue where the number of servers displayed in the in-game browser
would occasionally fluctuate.
- Fixed an issue where the pure server check would no longer ignore extraneous
pak files if a demo had recently been played.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the auto balance system preventing a player from
joining either team.
- This patch will update ALL retail copies of Call of Duty as well as versions
patched to 1.2 and 1.3. It is all-inclusive, containing the fixes included in
the 1.2, 1.3 Beta, and 1.3 patches.
- It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the
Call of Duty directory be removed before installing this patch. These
modifications are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with
some of the new features that are included.
* Upon installing the 1.4 patch, you may be prompted to re-enter your CD key.
Please be sure to have your Call of Duty CD key handy.
LOCALIZATIONS NOTE: This patch will update all languages of Call of Duty -
Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean,
Polish, Russian, Spanish and Taiwanese (Traditional Chinese).
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PUNKBUSTER:
PunkBuster anti-cheat software is included and is disabled by default. To
enable PunkBuster, simply select "Multiplayer Options" from the Multiplayer
main menu, and then toggle the "PunkBuster" option from "No" to "Yes". For more
information about PunkBuster or for PunkBuster support, please visit
More articles about Call Of Duty