“Having observed GMX’s growth in last years, we’re very confident that they are the right publisher to bring Great Journey to gamers in Europe. We look forward to a successful cooperation.” Commented Darek Rusin of Rebelmind.
Somewhere, on the edge of a small continent, there's a town. It's called Old Port, because it remembers times of great sailing ships and brave people who used to sail them. Each nook of this charming town has it's own story from distant times.
This is where Tony and Annie live. They are 10 years old and their heads are full of dreams. They have made friends with the Captain, an old sea dog, who traveled many seas and knows lots of tales from distant lands. There were times when they all together set off for long voyages. They got to know faraway regions and people who live there. From each of their journey, they brought lots of presents from their new friends. They also wrote many letters and postcards in which they invited each other to visit their homes. The postman always had to carry a heavy bag, filled with lots of mail. He wasn't very happy about it, but... a letter must be delivered - that's the duty.
Once, on a beautiful July day, as usual the postman arrived at Tony and Annie's door. However this time he didn't have his bag full and he just handed a single letter to the kids. There was a strong chill coming from it, like it has been mailed from a very cold place. It seemed that the other letters got scared of that cold and decided no to get in the postman's bag - that's why there was only this single one.
- Colorful and enchanting scenery, rarely seen in games from this genre. Discover beautifully rendered backgrounds (just like in Monsters Inc. or Finding Nemo) and vividly animated real-time 3D characters.
- 5 chapters full of adventure and more than 30 locations from all over the world. Start from the old port town, then sail to sandy Africa and later visit lush, tropical jungle at Crocodile Island. Next, find your way to the mysterious Easter Island and eventually prepare for a dramatic finale on icy Antarctica!
- 7 mini-games will provide lots of action for everyone. Play soccer with an African shaman, save the port from a garbage flood, feed the monkey, photograph whales and do lots of other crazy stuff. Challenge your family or friends for the best score or play together in multiplayer modes.
- Ecological storyline with NO violence. Great Journey, promoting empathy and understanding, is the best thing for everyone.
- Mouse based interface where one click is just enough to do pretty much everything you want. It's slick, simple and kids love it!
Release Date: May 2004