Packed with action, Future Tactics is a turn-based tactical RPG that looks and feels like an action/platform game. Built around a highly complex turn-based battle engine, the adventure showcases a single-player Story Mode, as well as a two-player Battle Mode. The plot is set in the not too distant future, when Earth as we know it has succumbed to a race of extra-dimensional creatures. Now the final hope for restoring order to the planet rests on the shoulders of a young boy, his sister and a rag-tag assembly of unlikely warriors.
Future Tactics: The Uprising features:
- 18 stylized and high-polygon characters interacting in rich, full 3D environments
- Unique, number-free turn-based tactical combat system designed to keep players immersed in the action, not the stats
- 19 action-packed, highly intense levels waiting to be conquered
- Massively deformable terrain. Landscape can be permanently destroyed, leaving behind craters and canyons.
- Compelling storyline told through fully animated and voiced cut scenes
- Two-player customizable battle mode lets gamers tweak handicaps, power-ups and victory conditions
- Experience point system allows custom building of team members, allocating upgrades as players see fit
- Boot Camp tutorial mode allows novice players to learn good tactics right away
Scheduled for release in Q2 2004, Future Tactics: The Uprising will be available for the Xbox, Nintendo GameCubeä and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.