Beta 4 changelog
O Combat changes
O Removed wave spawn to shorten game length (only one person spawning at a time).
O Increased unlock hive ability 3 cost from 1 to 2
O Aliens now gain experience slowly over time
O Bast is back!! Completely-remade ns_bast, with much better server performance/pings (thanks Mendasp and the entire crew!)
O ns_metal update from Quazilin (update 10)
* New "Supply way"
* Smaller "Storage D"
* New res
* More infestation/Tweaks
* Added steam bursts with sfx
O Lerk gestation time lowered from 28 to 20 seconds
O Fixed bug where player angles weren't set properly on spawn (bug # 559, thanks XP-Cagey!)
O Phase 1 of the Big Unannounced System (BUS)
O Fixed bug where joysticks weren't able to rotate the player view (thanks XP-Cagey!)
O Fixed voice comm labels so they can be read more easily (always black text).
O Changed commander voice comm label to white to differentiate him (soldiers are blue).
O Reduced number of entities in ns_tanith from 394 to 264 for improved server performance (thanks tommyd!)
O No longer play client-side sparks or bullet impact particles on client when shotgun pellets hit a player or water (graphical bug only)
O Fixed bug where lone marines tended to spawn at some spawns more then others (Combat)
O Fixed bug where pop-up menu costs weren't visible for alien players (NS mode, bug #471)
O Removed unneeded HL commands (third-person camera exploit, timerefresh, gl_monolights, gl_overbright, gl_clear, cl_nosmooth, cl_smoothtime). Bug #101.
O Fixed bug where marines could phase to a recycling phase gate (bug #554)
O Final version of ns_agora (thanks Kawak!)
- Added more covers in Tunnel and Cargo
- Added new vents
- New Sewer Hive and New "Main Generator" (so there is some changes in the layout for this side of the map)
- Added a ladder near "Freight Elevator Access" , but Marines need to weld a door to acces it.
- The vent leading to "The Wedge" from tunnel is now weldable.
- Fixed "Onos getting stuck" in "The Pit"
- Added/modified lots of little things here and there..
O Removed energy cost for lerk flight (to encourage flight while using abilities)
O Lag no longer allows exploit where research is done on wrong building / current comm chair can no longer be recycled (bug# 199)
O New welder, machine gun, pistol, hmg, metabolize and shotty sounds from MadMaxx
- Tweak welder ROF for variety
- Hand grenade sounds
O Improved HLTV support. Blips still aren't drawing on the overview map, and some of the UI controls don't work very well, but it should be useable. More to come.
O Updated ns_eclipse (thanks KungFuSquirrel!)
- New vent added between South Loop/Maintenance Vent and Keyhole
- New vent added between South Loop and Computer Core
- New weldable added on South Loop/Computer Core vent
- Old Triad pits/effects restored
- Old skylights near marine spawn restored
- Restored ns_eclipse.wad
- Various texture usage optimizations
- Adjusted Triad layout to allow better res defense (experimental)
- Restored doors in marine spawn
- restructured active side of Marine Spawn
- Moved Marine spawns closer to CC
- CC moved out of alcove
- Atmospheric adjustments to hives
O Updated ns_veil (thanks KungFuSquirrel!)
- Expanded Marine Spawn
- Lowered "Pink Monster" in Marine Spawn
- Fixed embarrassing "Eclipse Logo Backwards in my Own Map" problem... Doh.
- Removed North Loop
- Texture usage optimizations
- Repaired remaining Onos stick points (I hope!)
- Removed all chairs in front of computer panels
- New vents (find/learn them yourselves )
- Some added infestation in hive areas
- Layout/architecture tweaks near Pipeline
- Weldables added to Nanogrid Status
O Updated ns_nothing (thanks KungFuSquirrel!)
O Elevators changed to func_doors
O Upgrading a turret factory no longer restores all its hit points (bug #539)
O Items no longer sink through the world when placed against slopes, items can now be placed at up to 45 degrees, on stairs, etc. (bug #291, bug #527)
-- The NS Team
More articles about Natural Selection