"Viewtiful Joe was the killer app for the GameCube in 2003, and this winter Viewtiful Joe 2 will raise the bar for excellence and innovation even higher with the second generation of the series," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing at Capcom Entertainment. "With new visual effects, enemies and challenges, Joe and Silvia are ready to take on an all new Viewtiful adventure."
At the beginning of this new adventure, we find Joe and his girlfriend, Silvia, ready to face even tougher enemies and greater challenges. This time around, not only will gamers be able to play as Joe, but as Silvia right off the bat as well. In addition to being equipped with her pompoms, Silvia will be packing some heat as she wields a projectile weapon to help defeat the encroaching evil that lurks in the shadows.
Keeping to the stylized yet richly detailed visuals, Viewtiful Joe 2 stays true to its masterfully crafted roots and delivers an even more brilliant and polished videogame. New cinematic visual effect (VFX) powers, such as "Replay" which allows gamers to repeat a part of the action for heroic results, have been implemented to help solve ingenious puzzles, defeat unique yet relentless enemies and add variety to gameplay: Spanning across an increased number of stages and environments including a jungle, snowy mountains and outer space, Viewtiful Joe 2 incorporates more impressive quasi 2D/3D action with over 40 new types of adversaries to obliterate. The not-so-average-Joe will once again break the gaming mold and deliver an experience unlike any other with his polished martial arts attacks, high-flying acrobatics, and compelling storyline.
Viewtiful Joe 2 boasts the following features:
- More viewtiful 2D/3D hybrid action spanning more stages
- New second playable character - Now gamers can select Joe's girlfriend, Silvia, who not only struts around with her infamous pompoms but also wields a weapon that fires projectiles to fend off the fiendish foes that she encounters.
- Over 40 different types of enemies to obliterate!
- More diverse stages to explore - Viewtiful Joe 2 takes players through awe-inspiring detailed environments including a jungle, underground ruins, ancient Japan, snowy mountains and outer space.
- Six variations to the Six Machine - Now Joe's trusty aircraft transforms into various shapes to support his activities throughout various stages such as a racer, cannon, drill or submarine.
- In addition to the infamous "Slow," "Mach Speed," and "Zoom In" visual effects (VFX) powers, the action is even hotter this time around with the new "Replay" VFX power. Replay a punch for three times the damage. Need to restore some health? Eat a hamburger and replay it so you get three times the effect! But beware, try not to use Replay when getting hit or take on three times the damage!
- Grab a hold of the enemy to swing and throw them around with vigor!
More articles about Viewtiful Joe 2