Changes in Sacred 1.66 Hotfix Fixlist
Single & Multiplayer Fixes
- Fixed the corrupted Mystdale Castle Region and surrounding area
Changes in Sacred 1.6 Fixlist
Single and Multiplayer Fixes
- Fixed calculation of item level when forging them into special items. New item level is now the level of the item forged which has the highest level.
- Fixed EXP bonus when touching special statues. Received EXP bonus reduced to an appropriate level.
- Fixed EXP when defeating Bosses and Champions. Received EXP raised to an appropriate level.
- Improved colour scheme of the enemy status indicator.
- Improved variation of the enemy level when re-spawning.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong bonus was given by potions.
- the performance has been improved
- Fixed an issue where a rare crash appeared while fighting against monsters
- forged rings have been counted twice -> forged items must be forged out of the item and forged into the item again. Otherwise there won’t be any bonuses.
- a possible reason for crashes is fixed
- added a tooltip for the forger so the item stats can now be viewed
- Localisation additions
- added a new option for the Configuration Tool to create logs while playing
- Improved EXP sharing between party members. Low level characters receive less EXP.
- Reduced EXP if the level of the character is too high for the chosen game mode (e. g. > level 40 in Bronze Mode or > level 90 in Silver Mode)
- The level of the re-spawning opponents is determined by the level of the most advanced character in a group.
- Fixed EXP variation when fighting against opponents with a higher level as the player character.
- Fixed EXP team bonus. Each party member receives more EXP.
General Single and Multiplayer Fixes
- Character selection: Fixed a crash issue.
- Vampiress: Fixed an issue with the Vampiress giving out more damage at night or when in dungeons.
- Extras: Fixed an issue where the Intro movie would loop endlessly when selected from the main menu screen under "Extras".
- Exploit: Fixed some exploit bugs where an endless amount of EXP could be gained when quests were not properly finished.
- Exploit: Fixed item duplication exploit.
- Questlog: Display improved by separating the Res and Dmg statistics.
- Battle Mage: Fixed an issue where EXP was not gained through the Mage's Chain Lightning spell.
- Battle Mage: Fireball will now have increased speed depending on spell level.
- Seraphim: Energy bolt bug fixed where changing weapons while casting the spell caused an unwanted animation sequence of the character.
- Seraphim: Missing Seraphim effect now fixed.
- Dark Elf: Dual Weapon bug fixed.
- Gladiator: Fixed Feac's Upper Body Armor display bug.
- Balancing: Opponents that do not give much EXP are now easier to kill relative to the EXP gain.
- Items: Special Item? 'Kill on Sight' no longer gives EXP and now rarely loots opponents.
- Items: Skulls now only have a max level of 5, skulls which where over level 5 have now been reduced to level 5.
- Horses: Horses now leave footprints.
- Quests: Timer for ended quests are now ignored. -NPCs: Fixed an issue where some quest NPCs could die when certain combat skills were used on them.
- Quests: Fixed an issue where some quests could not be completed while on horseback.
- Quests: Fixed an issue where some dynamic quests could not be started in Act II and Act III.
- Items: Gameboxes have now been replaced with Silver Blossoms.
- Quests: Fixed some quests where the map was not shown in the questlog (instead a black screen was visible).
- Settings: Settings.cfg now has a new line called WARNING_LEVEL where a setting of 0-100 can be used. Standard is "25" making the portrait flash once
25% or less of your current has been reached
- Balance: Fixed an EXP share issue in single player, but mainly in multiplayer parties where characters were either receiving too much or not enough EXP.
Main Quest Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the ice giants would not appear when the player came to Icecreek Dale through the Portal.
- Fixed the Icecreek Dale issue where the player could go into the library without talking to the Seraphim at the front of the Monastery first.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong audio voice over was given when entering Bravesbury.
- Fixed an NPC position when going through the Damn quest.
- Fixed an issue where DeMordrey now has a 'Boss Status'.
- Fixed an issue where closed doors did not remain closed while fighting demons in the Demon Dungeon.
- Added 2 additional screams for Shaddar.
- Last questlog log is now only entered once objective completed. Sub-Quest Fixes
- Fixed a quest in Bravesbury where the player can now enter the Demon Cult quest indirectly.
- Fixed the "Soldiers take Wives" quest, which would fail when the timer ran out even though the wife was already in the party.
- Fixed the display of the wrong item in the "Robin Hood Quest".
- Fixed an issue in the "Slaves of the Orcs" quest where the lost items would not appear, these have been replaced with items positioned in the right places.
- Fixed the issue where the third Scout could stop the quest from being completed in the "Scouts from Ahil-Tar" quest.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs did not have a dialog in the "Hands of my Dragon" quest.
- Fixed an issue where the kidnapped novice in Silver Creek gave no proper reward .
- Fixed an exp exploit where the "Lonely Soldier" would give EXP everytime he was spoken to.
- Fixed an issue where the orc in the "Cowadly Dog" quest was killed before he could reasonably be rescued.
- Various time restricted quests fixed where the quest failed and the timer should have been stopped.
- Whisper feature implemented with /w [NAME] TEXT where the name could either be ACCOUNTNAME or ACCOUNTNAME.PLAYERNAME.
- Help feature including different explanations when typing ?/?
- Gameserver: *Connection test successful* was shown even though the test failed.
- Gameserver: Fixed various login/logout and reconnect bugs.
- Gameserver: Fixed an issue where the 16th player could not connect to a 16 player server
- Fixed various exploit bugs which enabled players to get endless EXP.
- Fixed an issue where Shaddar would not appear on Campaign servers.
- Fixed an issue where items would disappear. This no longer happens.
- Fixed an Open net exploit where LAN characters could be imported into Closed net.
- Fixed an issue where the loading of a LAN Savegame would cause a Gameserver to crash.
- Gameservers now run more stable and use less RAM.
- Gameserver now show a status for logged in players; Blue -> in lobby, Red -> Started connecting, Green -> just before gamestart, Black -> ingame.
- Gameserver can now change the number of players to join without restarting.
- Gameserver will now send a message if the connection to the lobby has been lost to all players (From that point on the character will no longer be saved).
- Added player level display next to portrait.
- Added player level to network information (N) in brackets.
- Quick teleport is no longer possible when sitting on a horse.
- Fixed a misplaced compass in the "Relics of the Orcs" quest.
- Fixed an issue where the gate in Mascarell leading to Tyr-Fasul could not be opened.
- Fixed an issue where the questlog would only show the start quest for Gladiator.
- Fixed "Revenge of the Rich Merchant" quest exploit.
- Party 3 and Party 4 can now be created on Free Game servers.
- Fixes a large issue sub-quests which caused them not to finish correctly (Does not apply to dynamic-quests or all sub-quests).
- Fixed some issues about rewards not being shared properly.
- SYSTEM MESSAGE of people entering and leaving rooms removed.
- Chat lag error while in lobby and while ingame removed.
- Charname problem in OpenNet fixed (where Accountname.accountname.accountname etc. was shown).
- Sometimes the wrong character class was shown in the lobby character screen.
- Lobby character screen now expanded to display ClosedNet or OpenNet as a text notice.
- Fixed an issue where ?Unknown Player? would be shown every now and then.
- Fixed instability issues with Gameservers and these will now only run uder Windows 2000 and WindowsXP.
- Fixed various chat bugs in-game and in the lobby.
- Fixed and issue with locked and unlocked games not being shown properly in the lobby.
- Fixed various copy protection issues where COMBO Drivers were not accepted.
- Fixed the loading savegame issue which would occasionally take too long to complete.
- Fixed an issue where some boss opponents would die directly or would not die at all.
- Fixed extreme performance losses under Windows 98.
More articles about Sacred