The Sims have moved to the City where action is 24/7 and reputation means everything. Sims who live in the City are known as The URBZ, and they have a bold new look and attitude. Go to work and be challenged by bosses at locations like the Sushi Bar, Chop Shop, or Bootleg Fireworks, Inc. Success at work brings promotions, access to new power socials and gear to influence your new lifestyle. Flaunt your attitude by styling your URBZ using the detailed new character engine; then cross the velvet ropes of an uptown night club or explore the subway to earn new skills and items for your high-rise crib. It's up to you whether your URBZ become big-time players on the street or are lost in the crowd. It's all about reputation as The URBZ are living the dream in a City that never sleeps.
The Game Boy Advance version of The URBZ also has a brand new city adventure. Welcome to Miniopolis, a bustling city poised on the brink of ruin. After getting fired from your job as a window washer, you stumble upon Daddy BigBucks' devious plot to take over the city. To thwart his evil schemes you have to get access throughout the city by building up your reputation to become the biggest "player" in the city; ultimately making it to that deluxe penthouse in the sky.
PlayStation 2/Xbox/Nintendo GameCube
- Reputation (rep): Build your reputation within the world, outside your hood, and through characters you'll hang with. Your goal is to be the biggest player in the city with ultimate access to the hottest places and people.
- Urban Style: An all-new character engine turns your URBZ into hip city dwellers. Take your URBZ out on the town to swanky new hot spots like the Sushi Bar, VIP Club, or even out to get a tattoo at the Tattoo Parlor.
- New Gameplay Experience: You now control your URBZ 24/7 in the City that never sleeps. You directly control your URBZ on the job to make sushi or strip down motorcycles, etc., to earn Simoleans and gain access to new social interactions! Motive gameplay is more elegant than ever so that you fulfill your motives quicker and even have limited motives to manage in specific situations. You can bounce into a hip boutique and change your look in-game from rasta to rap, affecting how the world perceives you!
- Lifestyles and Districts: Choose to live in one of nine districts (neighborhoods), each with its own unique inhabitants and their lifestyles. Depending on which district you pick your gameplay experience and the way you earn your reputation will be different.
- Next Generation Graphics, UI, and Audio: Featuring all-new graphics, real time lighting and weather effects, the City comes alive. New audio and music reflects the sounds of the city and the beat of urban lifestyles. The brand new in-game UI modeled after the latest PDAs is named the XAM (pronounced "zam"). The XAM lets you Xchange money and items, Access special areas in the city, and Message your friends to stay connected 24/7; are you XAMmin' yet?
- Eye Toy Support for PlayStation 2: Get your face in the game! Once you earn a reputation worthy of bill boards, you'll see your face (or your URBZ face without EyeToy) appear on signs, billboards, and bus ads all around the city
Game Boy Advance
- GBA to GBA Link: Link up to four GBAs together in the Multiplayer Cafe and play head-to-head mini-games, trade for "rares", and unlock new features.
- Exclusive content includes: Hop on a scooter, fanboat, or Graviboard and explore 25 locations including Urbania, Sim Quarter, and the Bayou where they will interact with residents, master eight mini-games such as Moogoo Monkey Madness and Motocross Mayhem, and collect over 120 new objects including a Sensory Deprivation Tank, Personal Sky Diving Machine, and a Boogalooga Box.