The action starts on a luxury cruise ship, where the executives of Kometa organisation have gathered in anticipation of an underground fighting tournament. To investigate the organisation, Nina Williams enters the tournament and becomes its champion.
The game begins with Nina imprisoned on the cruise ship, Nina learns that a fellow agent has gone missing, and she is ordered to ensure the success of the mission.
Players must use Nina's lethal Tekken fighting skills in hand-to-hand combat to survive, but now to increase her chances she can use weapons including multiple guns and swords. To take advantage of these numerous methods of combat, Death By Degrees features an advanced control system utilising the right analog stick to defeat enemies to gain experience points, unlock new moves and techniques.
By building up Nina's "Focus Gauge" players can execute an innovative special attack that offers an X-ray view of an opponent's body as internal organs are decimated by Nina's powerful blows.
Nina can hide behind walls and columns, and collect fingerprints to gain access to secret doors on her way through the environments. Along the way there are a variety of deadly traps and puzzles to navigate using Nina's amazing agility. With over 140 rooms to explore in the game map, DEATH BY DEGREES offers over 20 hours of gameplay.
- Assume the role of the ultimate assassin, Nina Williams from the best-selling Namco franchise Tekken.
- Members of the Death By Degrees development team have also worked on the Tekken series.
- Nina is able to use a number of her signature Tekken moves, including Evil Mist and submission moves.
- There are guest appearances by other Tekken characters including Anna Williams and Heihachi.
- Experience the 360 degree combat system with hundreds of possible attacks in all directions using both analog sticks. Master acrobatic moves and fight with melee weapons and firearms.
- Innovative 'Critical Hit' targeting system - use the on-screen 'X-ray vision' mode to target and destroy enemies' bones and internal organs.
- Employ stealth and espionage in your role as undercover operative, lay enemies out cold with sleeper holds and use a fingerprint scanner to obtain fingerprints from victims and gain access to secure areas.
- Huge game map with over 140 rooms to explore and over 20 hours of gameplay to enjoy.
- Multiple game modes in addition to the main Story Mode extends the longevity of DEATH BY DEGREES - Challenge Mode, Anna Mode, Sniper Mode, Hover-camera Mode and Puzzle Mode.
- Cinematic adventure - during the hour of real-time, pre-rendered movies, the detailed story unfolds. The in-game movies were created by Shirogumi Inc., responsible for CG in games such as Onimusha 2 and Resident Evil Zero .
More articles about Death By Degrees