The Resident Evil series is one of the most successful video game franchises in history, with worldwide sales of more than 24 million units. Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 is set for release throughout North America this winter.
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 continues the dramatic story of an outbreak caused by a secret biological weapon infecting the people of Raccoon City. Citizens are turning into flesh-eating zombies that swarm the streets. In the shadow of this nightmare are a few desperate survivors. They must find a way to get out of the city before they fall victim to the hordes of undead creatures and before the government has a chance to wipe out the entire area to prevent the disaster from spreading.
“Resident Evil Outbreak introduced an innovative new twist to the classic Resident Evil games that defined the meaning of survival horror,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom USA. “This second installment takes it to the next level by offering fresh content with creative new settings, scenarios, enemies and puzzles for an even deeper, more satisfying gameplay experience.”
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 retains the signature Resident Evil storytelling, visuals, and bone-chilling audio that Capcom’s survival-horror fans demand. Players join the eight characters from the first game in all new terrifying scenarios, with assorted locales, different enemies and further details of the truth behind the catastrophic events. Players can experience the unique concept of fear experienced in groups with up to four concurrent players in network mode or one-player offline accompanied by two computer AI characters. The key to survival will be cooperating with and helping fellow characters as they fight to survive the various scenarios.
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 includes the following features:
- Unique cast of eight playable characters – all are ordinary residents in Raccoon City, each with different strengths, special abilities and perspectives of the storyline
- All new scenarios
- More unexpected twists and turns, new challenges, never before seen enemies and much more!
- A variety of non-playable characters (NPC’s) encountered throughout each scenario
- More freedom than past Resident Evil games with multiple options for progressing through levels
- Two control schemes – D-pad for classic Resident Evil fans and new analog option for Devil May Cry type control
- Random, unpredictable placement of enemies that changes players’ experiences
- Result point system which can be used to unlock items in the extensive collection mode including unlockable characters, art gallery and more
- Use of ordinary items found throughout the scenarios as weapons
- In-depth profile which tracks player statistics including play time, types of weapons used, distance walked and more
- HDD hard drive support enhances gameplay