- Patch must be applied to a clean install of the game. If any files to be patched have been altered, then the entire patching process will fail. If this
happens, perform an uninstall of the game, choosing to keep save games, then re-install.
- Patch 1.2 incorporates patch 1.1, so 1.1 need not be installed before applying 1.2.
- Patched and un-patched games will not be able to connect to one another for network sessions.
- Save game files are not compatible between patched and un-patched versions of Race Driver 2. The patch will automatically upgrade the save game. Please note than the old save game will remain, which means that if the game is ever re-installed without the patch, the old save game will be loaded, without any
progress made with the patch. However, on re-applying the patch the previously upgraded save game will once again become available, with progress intact.
- Following uninstallation of the patched game, there may be some files left in the Race Driver 2 folder (in addition to the save game file, if that was chosen
to be kept). It is perfectly safe to delete these files.
- Fixed network car select where it was sometimes not possible to change cars more than once when using car setups.
- Fixed network race timeouts where the server would not the recognise players retiring during this period, so the timeout would continue un-necessarily.
- Severity of some crests reduced at Bathurst in the section between the Cutting and Skyline.
- V8 Supercars now have correct rev limit (7500rpm) in Pro-simulation mode.
- V8 Supercar HRT drivers now have corrected driver abilities in Free Time modes.
- All DTM cars now have the same gear ratio in Simulation mode, so that the Audi no longer has a much faster top speed.
- Rated Session search criteria on Browse Sessions screen now works.
- AI Driver Difficulty slider now works correctly when launching sessions from GameSpy Arcade.
- GameSpy Arcade joins to sessions within the same NAT now work correctly.
- Improved network prediction, greatly reduces problem with cars going sideways at ovals.
- During network races, it was possible to gain an advantage by pausing when going too fast in a corner, so that the AI would take over and keep the car on
track. This behaviour has been removed.
- Fixed a hole in the track at Oran Park that the Pro-Simulation AI would occasionally find and fall through.
- Fixed a crash caused by enabling the Boost cheat with systems using nForce motherboards.
- Co-driver speech now works when restarting rally time-trials.
- Mirrors. Enable in the front-end at Options->Graphics->Mirrors. Note that enabling mirrors will cause a reduction in game performance. Choices are
Off: Default. In-car only: Modelled mirrors seen when using the in-car camera. Virtual only: Part of the on-screen display. On: Both in-car and virtual.
- Look left/right in bonnet, bumper and in-car cameras. Define the keys for this in the Control Assignments screen.
- Steering linearity adjustment. Add the line SteeringLinearity=x to the file Mods.ini in the GameDatafrontend directory, where x is in the range 0-100. 100 is fully linear, which is the game's default setting. This will only have an effect if the Steering Mode is set to Wheel in the driving options screen.
- End of race timeout for online sessions can now be adjusted in the advanced session settings screen.
- Replay saving. Any time a replay is available to view at the end of a race, it is now possible to select Save Replay on the Race Results screen. There is a
Load Replay option on the Select Mode screen.
- Simulator Mode now has more tracks available in many championships.
- Race results and championship standings screens now have a Retire From Championship option.
- The final championship standings screen in Free Race now has a Retry option to restart the championship just played.
- In the Series Option screen, it is now possible to set Opposition directly to None, instead of having to do it via the custom opposition select screen.
- The Handling Mode setting in the Driving Options screen is now saved to the player profile
- Duez Cup and Hotrod Streetrace championships now have a 10/6/4/3/2/1 point structure for network races.
- Informative text in network Chat Lobby is now coloured to be distinguished from standard chat messages.
- Network name labels now darken to indicate that a player is paused.
- Soundblaster live problems (particularly WinXP). New option for HWCompatFlags in pchardwareconfig.ini, settings 4 to 7 mirror settings 0 to 3 but also apply a fix for various issues with Creative Soundblaster Live cards.
- Fogging issues now fixed with Radeon 8xxx and 9xxx cards on Windows 98/ME.
- Possible fix for some problems caused by forcing FSAA, turn off High-Res Bonnet Reflections in the Setup program.
More articles about TOCA Race Driver 2