Welcome to the Ground Control II: Operation Exodus pre-release Single Player Demo. Ground Control II is a 3D action-strategy game and the sequel to the 2000 award-winning Ground Control.
The complete game will be available in stores worldwide in the summer of 2004. Check out below for a few of the features that come with the full game!
- 24 action-packed missions
- Keep your enemy on the defensive by creating new unique units by melding your Viron troops together on the battlefield.
- Drop-in Multiplayer – Unique drop-in multiplayer game servers allow up to 8 players to join an on-going game at any time.
- Cooperative Multiplayer – Play through the entire single player campaign with up to 2 of your friends.
- Gripping Storyline – Immersive plot written in collaboration with acclaimed sci-fi and fantasy author Joe Dever.
- Full Set of Game Editing Tools – Create your own multiplayer maps, single player missions, full campaigns or modify almost any other aspect of the game.
Included in the package are the same powerful tools that the developers used to create the game.
- The Massgate(TM) online community system gives immediate access to online matchmaking, hi-score ladders, tournaments, chat rooms and much more. Join thousands of players online to get a quick adrenaline rush at any time.
The following websites provide more information about the game and how to buy it:
This Readme file is laid out in the following order:
Default Hot Keys
* Intel(R) Pentium III processor or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) processor
* Processor Speed: 800 MHz
* Windows(R) 98/2000/ME/XP
* 128 MB RAM
* DirectX(R) 9.0b or higher
* 32 MB AGP(R) video card supporting Hardware Transform and Lighting capability using NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM), ATI(R) Radeon(TM), or a more recent chipset with a DirectX(R) 9-compatible driver
* DirectX(R) 9-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
* 400 MB hard drive space
* Keyboard and mouse
* Intel(R) Pentium 4 processor or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP processor
* Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
* Windows(R) XP
* 256 MB RAM
* 128 MB AGP(R) video card
DEFAULT HOT KEYS
Note that all hot keys can be reconfigured in the options menu.
UpMove camera forward
DownMove camera backward
LeftMove camera left
RightMove camera right
CHold down for Reverse Move
ZSelect Landing Zone
WMove camera to currently selected Landing Zone
HSend dropship home to base
DSend reinforcements buy order & deploy units
VToggle dropship status (return to base / stay on battlefield)
XActivate secondary mode
IActivate Upgrade dropship screen
KActivate Reinforcements screen
BCycle fire behavior (Hold, Free, Return)
NMega-map. Displays objectives on a large version of the map
SHalt. Orders the selected unit to stop moving and cease fire
CapsLockToggle Fixed or Rotating Minimap
BackspaceDisplays the multiplayer score board
SHIFT-CToggle between Free Camera and Classic RTS camera modes
ALTHold down to view health and team color of all visible units
ALTDisplay view and fire range radius for selected units
SHIFTHold down to queue multiple orders
SHIFTHold down to select multiple units or groups of units
CTRLHold down to order forced fire on a position
TABSwitches selection focus in current selection
ESCClose active window or abandon game if no window is open
Mouse1 (Left)Select units
Mouse2 (Right)Give order depending on context (e.g. attack, move, etc.)
Mouse3 (Middle)Press to look around freely with the camera
The battlefield in Ground Control II consists of truly three-dimensional terrain and is viewed with either the free-flying camera or a traditional top-down camera similar to most RTS games. The traditional top-down camera can be pitched and swiveled by pressing the middle mouse button to look around.
Moving the camera is easy. In both modes, the arrow keys will move the camera forward, back, right and left. In RTS mode these always correspond to north,
south, east and west because the camera always points north by default.
Press SHIFT + C to toggle between the two different camera modes in the game.
Since this demo is based on a pre-release version of Ground Control II it contains a number of issues that are fixed in the final version of the game. We apologize for any inconvenience that these issues may cause while playing the demo.
The following main features have been disabled in the demo but are included in the final game:
- * Hi-resolution cinematics
- * Most single player campaign missions
- * Skirmish missions
- * Cooperative Multiplayer
- * Multiplayer on LAN and Internet (Massgate)
- * In-mission Load & Save
- * The ability to play custom maps
- While running the game in a 128 Mb RAM machine running windows 2k without service pack 4 you get an error message in the first 2-3 minutes of game in the background, it does not interfere with the game 3 out of 4 times and will only happen once, during the first game you play. When the bug interferes with the game it just freezes you have to reboot and then the problem is gone for ever.