DVD featuring the following content:
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay interactive Mini Hint Guide
- A complete, interactive walk-through of one of the game’s compelling levels
- The trailer for The Chronicles of Riddick(tm) film
- Combo trailer with sneak peeks of movies, games, and new anime DVD Dark Fury
- A Butcher Bay fly-through, revealing the game's intricately rendered prison world
- Background of the anti-hero Richard B. Riddick
- An introduction to the game's innovative "Normal Mapping" graphic technology
- A listing of websites that tie into the Riddick universe and franchise
In the game, Richard B. Riddick is an intergalactic convict who at the game's start, finds himself captured by mercenaries and locked down in the toughest prison in the galaxy. As this least likely of heroes, players must draw on their character's brains and brutality and attempt the unthinkable - escape from Butcher Bay. Played from a primarily first-person perspective (with special third- person actions), players will have to make maximum use of their environments to achieve their escape, including using shadows, subterfuge and distractions to avoid patrols. Moving and attacking in darkness is particularly effective for Riddick as his haunting "eye shine" gives him the ability to see without ambient light. However, stealth won't serve every situation and players will be able to take the action up close and personal. As Riddick, players will be able to sneak up behind enemies and snap necks or fight face to face using fists, elbows and grapples. Additionally, players will be able to capture weapons such as shanks, shotguns, or assault rifles and use these to cut a swath of destruction through anyone who gets in their way.
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft has been rated “T” for teen by the ESRB carries a suggested retail price of $49.95.
More articles about The Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay