The screens compare the original "Dark Age of Camelot" character models side-by-side with new ones featured in "Catacombs." Note the detailed armor and clothing, and the upgraded facial features! These images will give you a glimpse of the graphical upgrades that make "Dark Age of Camelot" exceed the look of any available MMORPG.
In addition to enhanced graphics throughout the game, "Catacombs" adds new dungeon areas to each Realm, instanced content, new player classes and challenges for all character levels. "Catacombs" will be available in stores in December 2004.
"'Catacombs' deepens the world of 'Dark Age of Camelot' by adding new content beneath Albion, Hibernia, and Midgard," said Matt Firor, Vice President of Development and Executive Producer at Mythic Entertainment. "Instanced dungeons support a more casual gaming style by giving players exclusive play sessions for groups of all levels and abilities."
"Catacombs'" system of "player versus monster" instanced dungeons will allow more casual players of "Dark Age of Camelot" to quickly find and adventure in exciting and challenging areas geared to their level. By eliminating the need to search (and sometimes wait) for monster encounters, in "Catacombs," players generate private adventuring areas for their groups on their schedule.
New technical features for "Catacombs" include:
- Major art upgrade to "Dark Age of Camelot" player character models utilizing the EMotion FX 2 graphics engine that provides more detailed facial features, hairstyles, and skin tones as well as enhanced armor, clothing options and character animations.
- Instanced content will allow player groups to adventure in "private" dungeons.
New content for "Catacombs" includes:
- Players can explore a new underground city for each Realm based on the backstory of one of the Realm's underground player races. Each city leads to new dungeons, catacombs, enemies, loot and adventures.
- One new playable class for each Realm.
- Content will be provided for all character levels.
More articles about Dark Age Of Camelot: Catacombs