La Pucelle: Tactics is a tale of betrayal and double cross, monsters in human form and humans in monster form, set in an alternate medieval Europe. The unlikely hero is a smart mouthed and undisciplined sixteen year old who just passed her exorcism exams and her comrades in La Pucelle, a demon hunting squad.
La Pucelle: Tactics is already receiving glowing praise and editor's awards (including an Editor's Silver in this month's EGM) from the gaming press, and is being featured as the lead preview in the current issue of Ziff Davis' GMR Magazine. According to Electronic Gaming Monthly, "This game has it all: monsters to capture and raise, upgradeable items and spells, and incredibly rich character customization. I got sucked in to this as badly as I did with both Final Fantasy Tactics, so that's saying a lot: 50-some great hours, lots." Yahoo Games was equally enthusiastic, "La Pucelle: Tactics is the next big thing in tactical RPGs… you won't want to put this game down…" And IGN gushed, "La Pucelle: Tactics has a boatload of charm and the mechanics to match. In fact, we've only just begun to scratch the surface of what promises to be more than 60 hours worth of adventuring so far, and we're already curious to see what's going to happen next."
Mastiff recruited top voice talent from the television and gaming industries to make sure the English and Japanese dialogue (completely selectable by the player) impressed even the most discerning RPG fan. English dialogue features Jennifer Hale (ER, Cindrella II) as Prier, Colleen O'Shaughnessy (King of Queens) as Alouette, Jill Talley (Seinfeld, Frasier) as Culotte, James Horan (Star Trek: Enterprise) as Noir, Gabrielle Carteris (Beverly Hills 90210) as Angelique, Tara Strong (Rugrats) as Chocolat and great gaming voices such Amber Hood (Baldurs Gate I and II, Lineage II) as Ã‰clair and Paula Tiso (Final Fantasy X and XII) as Papillon.
For the Japanese dialogue, veteran Anime voice Mai Nakahara (Please*Twins, Magic Detective Roki RAGNAROK, .hack) stars as Prier, Hikari Tachibana (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker) is Alouette, and Kaori Mizuhashi (Bluer Than Indigo, Disgaea) plays the role of Culotte.
La Pucelle: Tactics Features
- Choice of Japanese or English voice.
- Hard-core battle system: Attack simultaneously or in waves of up to 8 units. Use obstacles on the battlefield and elevated terrain to your strategic advantage. Get closer to the fray when head-to-head battles play out in a more detailed fighting view. Win over highly intelligent enemies so they will join your unit
- Dark portals and purification: Brand new to the RPG world, purify defiled ground or dramatically wipe out all enemies on the battlefield with a single massive Miracle Attack.
- 149 different items: Use your weapons in special combinations for magical abilities. Strengthen objects in real time.
- Instant level up: Gain valuable items and skills - even new allies - after each unit's turn for fast gratification and furious fun.
- Over 120 hours of gameplay with multiple endings: Traverse 12 enormously deep and distinctly different chapters - uncover unique abilities, optional side quests and multiple endings.
- Winner of a coveted Gold Award from Famitsu, Japan's leading game magazine.