Jailed for a murder he may or may not have committed, Torque is next in line for execution when apparitions besiege the prison and inadvertently free him. Utilizing more than ten deadly weapons, Torque sets out to uncover his past and unlock the deadly secrets of The Suffering. In the game, players can transform Torque into his monstrous alter ego and unleash the power of his primal fury while battling 12 horrific creatures. Depending on how they play the game, players will arrive at three distinct endings for a unique gaming experience.
Stan Winston, renowned creature designer, contributed to The Suffering's horror-filled experience by creating artwork of some of the disturbing characters featured in the game. For more than 30 years Stan Winston has created characters, creatures and monsters for motion pictures and television. The four-time Academy Award winner is responsible for creating many of the most enduring creatures of the big screen, including the dinosaurs of "Jurassic Park," the extraterrestrial monstrosities of "Aliens" and the fanciful character of "Edward Scissorhands." Nominated for an Academy Award for "A.I.," Stan Winston also worked on the recent "T3" project starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The Suffering Key Features:
- Terrifying Levels - Nine levels - traverse indoor and outdoor terrain with horror lurking in every dark corner.
- Frightening Character Morphs - Fill the rage meter and transform Torque into a hideous and powerful creature.
- Deadly Weapons - More than 10 deadly weapons from the shiv to the tommy gun to aid in the survival of this freakish nightmare.
- Horrific Monsters - A dozen monsters, each representing the methods of execution that befell them.
- Gory Detail - Blood and gore, dripping, pooling and splattering at every level of the fright-filled journey.
- Disturbing Choices - Interact with different hardened criminals and determine their fate.
- Unique Endings - Three distinct endings depending on how the game is played.
- Taboo Environments - Explore the deepest recesses of the most wicked prison environment.
More articles about The Suffering