The Israeli campaign is set against the backdrop of the Arab-Israeli war of 1956. Involved factions are Israel and Egypt. The Egyptian campaign reflects the third Arab Israeli war of 1973. Involved factions are Israel, Egypt, Syria and USSR. The north-Korean campaign deals with the first part of the Korean war of the 1950s. Involved factions are North-Korea, USA, Great Britain (UNO), China and USSR. The American campaign shows the second part of the Korean war involving the same combatants as the north-Korean campaign.
Nevertheless "Cold War Conflicts" features an engaging multiplayer mode with a refined system of gaining supplies by controlling certain key points of the map. This system replaces the classical system of production sites that can produce units in unrealistically short time spans.
- conflicts of the cold war era 1950-1973 (middle east, Korea peninsula)
- four campaigns
- eight combating countries with up to 50 different units each
- 37 missions, including 13 alternative missions:
- USA: 5 missions
- Israel: 18 missions
- Egypt: 9 missions
- North Korea: 5 missions
- modern units like jets, helicopters and more
- modern scenario editor
- multiplayer (LAN/internet)