It's the year 2137. From a military training simulation a new kind of sport evolved: Arena Wars. The sport has attracted the greatest minds and the richest syndicates across the globe, each seeking to become legends in their own right, balancing strategy, speed and insidiousness.
From many champions will rise one true power. Only the best can win the tournament and become immortalised in the new world of Arena Wars.
3... 2... 1... FIGHT!
In AW the goal is not simply to destroy the enemy's base or units. To score points in the various scenarios you must complete objectives that range from stealing the enemy flag, carrying a bomb into your enemy's base or seize and hold Domination zones for a period of time. The winner is the player who satisfies that particular game's objectives. For example, in a Capture the Flag game with a 'capture limit' of 5, the winner is the first player to capture 5 enemy flags.
- 6 Single player tournaments with over 60 individual missions
- Multiplayer via LAN and Internet for up to 8 players and 4 observers per game with Advanced Chat Server
- Dedicated WebWars Server for online gaming
- Play 2 vs 2 standalone missions cooperatively with your ally via LAN or Internet
- Replays in a quality you have never seen before: save the full game for complete playback, including every player's mouse and screen positions from the whole game. Observer views and even all voice and webcam data can be stored in the compact replay format.
Supports real-time voice communication (via headset), and video (via webcam) enabling, for example, communication with all team members in a 4 vs 4 game!
- 3 different game modes: Capture The Flag (CTF), Bombing Run (BR), and Double Domination (DD)
- Huge range of power-ups: Give your units advanced abilities, protect them, damage and immobilise enemy units...
- Special abilities for all units, including flying and teleportation
- Upgrades for all units, creating more strategic possibilities
- 3 different terrain sets (grassland, desert, volcano), all displayed using a fast and highly detailed 3D engine
- Easy to use, intuitive map editor
- Import your own player logos
- Beginner friendly user interface
- Beginner tutorials
- Unscripted artificial intelligence plays at a very high level, is never predictable, and can play on any map (retail or custom!). A vast range of AI settings and behavioural traits to select from
- Play AW in any resolution your monitor can display! Default resolution:1024x768 (but will display anything from 320x240 to 2048x1576 and more!). A host of graphic options are available to improve performance and make AW perfectly playable, even on less powerful machines.