Spartan v1.7 fixes :
- The difficulty levels have been adjusted as new gamers were finding it far too difficult. After 6 months of playing Spartan we decided the beta testers were no longer the best source of feedback for how hard the game should be!
- The AI no longer starts with many more resources than the player & no longer rushes player at the start of the game
- The AI maintains production of units into the later game & reacts more quickly to the situation presented by the player & other AI sides.
- The starting positions of some nations adjusted to make them more playable - most notably Sparta/Lacedaimon
- The AI's research choices are now much more balanced allowing the AI to compete with the player on a much more even footing.
- The Persian & Roman invasions are more powerful
- A bug where the buy prices for generals & maintenance was incorrect has been fixed
- The AI will no longer attack you without cause. The AI will now only attack its enemies, so careful attention to diplomacy now really pays off.
- Friendly fire casualties have been reduced
- A bug where relationships were not effected by naval battles has been fixed
- The UI & list box behaviour have been improved to work more like Windows
- The AI deployment logic has been improved
- A bug where you were offered the wrong battle resolution options when the AI attacked one of your fleets has been fixed.
- A bug in the diplomacy order descriptions has been fixed
- The formula used for Auto resolved combats has been improved
More articles about Spartan