Torrente is a former cop, dismissed from the force due to his questionable involvement in a sordid case. Now he scrapes out a living as a private dick with the objective of some day being reinstated in the glorious police force from which he believes he was wrongly dismissed. In missions ranging from Madrid to Marbella, Torrente must complete a variety of tasks such as escorting an important client, deactivating bombs, and protecting beauty queens, generally with chaotic and bloody results.
"Torrente is a fun game with a wicked sense of humor and a sharp artistic style that has attracted a huge audience in Europe," said Bill Gardner, CEO and president of O~3 Entertainment. "This is exactly the type of fresh content we want to bring more of to North American consumers."
Features of Torrente include:
- Maximum Mayhem – From taking out bazooka-carrying assassins to protecting supermodels, Torrente can choose from over 40 different weapons when it comes to taking down the bad guys.
- Immersive Environments – Wage war through over 60 action-packed levels from the loud and fast streets of Madrid to the sunny beaches of Marbella.
- Selectable skill levels – Provides a uniquely tuned gaming experience for everyone from the casual game player to the seasoned gaming veterans.
- Long-lasting experience - Due to its "novel" gameplay, every mission objective can be accomplished in several different ways.
- 2 Ways to Play - Customizable camera control allows for either first-person or third-person views.
The game is expected to ship in late summer 2004.