"When Ultima Online launched in 1997, it created an entirely new genre of entertainment -- one that would see many challengers but few that could match its success," said UO Producer Anthony Castoro. "UO continues to thrive with one of the largest and most loyal online communities in online gaming. We have big plans over the next few years for the game, and as proud as I am of how far UO has come, I'm more excited about its future."
To celebrate seven years of success, players will receive one of seven rare anniversary gifts, each an in-game item taken from UO or one of the subsequent expansion packs. Each item offers an exclusive power for the lucky recipient. Gifts include:
- Royal Boots of Embers from the original Ultima Online game
- Royal Rose of Trinsic from Ultima Online The Second Age(TM)
- Shamino's Best Crossbow from Ultima Online Renaissance(TM)
- The Scroll of Sosaria from Ultima Online: Third Dawn(TM)
- Hearth of the Home Fire from Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge
- The Holy Sword from Ultima Online: Age of Shadows(TM)
- Ancient Samurai Armor from an upcoming expansion pack due this fall
As an added perk, with the purchase of Ultima Online 7th Anniversary Edition, players will be able to invite seven friends to adventure with or open seven new accounts, each account receiving the first 30 days of play free. Additionally, players can add a new character and skill set to their UO family by trying out a new profession without having to delete one of their existing characters.
Launched in 1997, Ultima Online was a pioneer in the world of online gaming and defined the category of massively multiplayer Internet-based entertainment and is still recognized as the most immersive of any online world. Ultima Online is offered in six languages and is played in more than 100 countries located in every time zone. The game stands as the longest-running online subscription-based game in history. More information on Ultima Online can be found at www.uo.com.