Developed by Acclaim Studios Austin, 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' was designed in conjunction with professional wrestling experts and features 73 of the greatest wrestlers in history, including Hulk Hogan, Sting, Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Diamond Dallas Page, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Eddie Guerrero and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' is also the only video game that allows players to recreate the greatest matches of all-time, including Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant in the Pontiac Silverdome; as well as create the never-before-seen dream matches, such as Sting vs. Ultimate Warrior, that have lingered unanswered for years in the minds and hearts of wrestling fans.
"'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' delivers what fans of the series have been asking for since the brand's inception -- an incredible, legendary roster of talent, authentic wrestler moves and attributes, great graphics, broadcast-style presentation, and vast match types and replay value," said Nique Fajors, Vice President of Brand Management for Acclaim. "No other video game can deliver the thrill of the greatest wrestlers and matches of all-time as 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' and we are pleased to offer wrestling fans the opportunity to step inside the squared circle and experience that thrill first-hand."
"OH YEAH! The time has finally come for 'Macho Madness' to rock the ring and drop the big elbow in 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling'," said Randy 'Macho Man' Savage. "I don't care who I get in the ring with, or what kind of match it is; the bottom line is that I'm going to take care of business like only the Macho Man can! Dig it!"
"Hello Warriors. Once again, as I run through the arena and shake the ropes up to the heavens, I bring with me the strength of each of you to settle the scores of the past and the unknown feuds of the future," added Ultimate Warrior. "'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' marks a new beginning that we will take together to unleash the power of the warrior. Always Believe!"
"The Stinger is ready to return to the squared circle and put the 'Scorpion Deathlock' on anyone who stands in his path," added Sting. "I came back to wrestle in 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' for one reason - to put the 'splash' on all of the rumors and prove who's really the man." WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Yo cutters, are you ready to feel the BANG?," concluded Diamond Dallas Page. "Well, ready or not, the three-time, three-time, three-time World's Heavyweight Champion is ready to bring it to any and all comers in 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling'. "This game is as real and sharp as my 'diamond cutter', and playing it is the only way you can step into the boots of me, DDP. And that's not a bad thing; it's a good thing. So, get ready to feel the BANG!"
'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' challenges players to battle through the annals of time, clashing with the greatest grapplers to set foot in the squared circle. Create special dream matches and unlock classic feuds in the first-ever era-based career mode to see if you have what it takes to beat the icons of professional wrestling -- Finish the Feud! 'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' offers an array of exciting new features, including:
- Never-before-seen Classic Matches that recreate the greatest feuds of all-time, including their authentic arenas from around the world, such as Madison Square Garden, The Omni, Cow Palace, Pontiac Silverdome, L.A. Sports Arena, Skydome, Mid-South Coliseum, Cobo Arena, Greensboro Coliseum and more;
- Travel down the path of pain through the 70's, 80's and 90's in the first-ever, era-based SHOWDOWN Challenge career mode;
- First-ever three-man commentary with Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbyszko and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan -- making every match a main event;
- Authentic entrances and taunts for each Legend, including all new licensed music composed by "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart;
- All-new matches including Table, First Blood, Ladder, Steel Cage, Iron Man, Battle Royal, Hardcore, 6 & 8 Man Tag, Elimination, Handicap, plus 3- and 4-Way Dances;
- Game play tutorial from the "excellence of execution" Bret "Hitman" Hart;
- Wrestle with the greatest tag teams ever such as The Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, British Bulldogs, Koloffs, Nasty Boys, Rock-n-Roll Express and more;
- Wrestling's greatest managers lead you to the ring, including Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, The Grand Wizard, Captain Lou Albano, "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart and Mr. Fuji;
- Create-A-Legend returns with all new textures and body geometry allowing gamers to make their ultimate icon of wrestling;
- All-new Edit-A-Legend lets players customize the movesets of their favorite wrestlers;
- Brand new "Ready to Brawl" controls for ultimate mat mayhem.
'Showdown: Legends of Wrestling' is currently available nationwide for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, each at a suggested retail price of $49.99. For more information on game, please visit http://www.legendsshowdown.com .
More articles about Showdown: Legends of Wrestling