The all-new Career Challenge is the steering wheel-gripping heart of Colin McRae Rally 2005 and has players hurtling through over 20 different classes of rally events including Challenges, Cups, SuperCups, Shields and Championships, earning the right to compete against the very best.
Offering real progression and the most diverse selection of rally cars to choose from, drivers will be pummelled through a staggering 300+ stages driving cars from 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive, 4-wheel Classics, Super 2-wheel, Rear Wheel, Distinctive and 4x4 classics. Beyond the Career Challenge, there's even more adrenaline-fuelled rally gaming with the title's 4WD Championship, Rally, Stages and Online gaming modes.
And just when you thought a McRae game couldn't offer more detail or visual splendour, the game's development team is cramming it in: the new bonnet-cam and an improved chase cam gives a real sensation of speed and undulation. Enhanced damage and scenery visuals include new individual damage models for every car and should you crash into a tree, it'll shudder and even drop leaves!
With its perfect car handling, superbly designed stages, and progressive events, Colin McRae Rally 2005 is set to be the most complete and rewarding rally experience when it launches this autumn for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, with online multiplayer rallying on both formats. Get your stage start on the game at www.codemasters.co.uk/colinmcrae2005
COLIN MCRAE RALLY 2005 KEY POINTS
- The #1 rally game evolves as Colin McRae Rally 2005 takes the series online for up to 8 players on PlayStation 2 and Xbox with more cars, more stages, and new challenges.
- Drive the most diverse selection of cars through new, non-linear Career Challenge with over 20 individual rally events and over 300+ stages.
- 30+ featured cars include the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2 and the distinctive VW Beetle RSi!
- 9 international locations (new German rally joins events through UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, and Japan), in Rally game mode, each with 8 stages. Large, animated spectator crowds cheer you on through the stages.
- Incredible detail: An individual damage model for each car – right down to paintwork scrapes and a 'dazed' visual effect as you recover from a crash!
More articles about Colin McRae Rally 2005