Get some practice in using Soldiers' unique "Direct Control" system and brush up on those tactics, because you're going to need it: after the release of the game, Codemasters will continue to support the Soldiers gaming community with additional content as free downloadable Upgrades.
The first will be a downloadable Multiplayer Upgrade, which will incorporate a brand new multiplayer mode (Versus) along with third-party online matching software, Gamespy Arcade. The free, fully-functioning matching service will make it simple for players to find a worthy opponent and go head to head in any one of Soldiers' innovative multiplayer games.
The Multiplayer Upgrade will also form part of Codemasters' ongoing anti-piracy and gaming security programme. The Upgrade will only function with an original copy of the Soldiers disc and aims to safeguard players' gaming environment against other players using cheats or hacks unfairly in the Versus multiplayer games.
Developed by Ukrainian company Best Way, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II will arrive guns blazing when it's published by Codemasters on July 2nd, exclusively for PC.
KEY GAMEPLAY FEATURES
- The thrills of a 3D shooter with the depth of a real-time strategy game.
- 'Direct Control' mechanic, so you can jump right into the thick of the action
- Freedom to complete missions though different tactics, use anything in the game world – commandeer enemy ordinance, weapons and ammo
- Advanced AI: enemies will use formations, covering and ambush tactics
- More than 30 missions, huge array of vehicles and weapons .
- Fully destructible environment. Everything can be fully, or partially, destroyed.
- Multiplayer: 1-4 player co-op multiplayer for LAN and online.