Take charge of a team; place 9 players in your half of the field, then go and put the ball in the opponent's end-zone. Nothing easier ! Except one small detail … there are a few opposition players determined to get the ball from you.
On the pitch, as in the changing-rooms, there are no rules. Let yourself be carried away on the gentle airs of doping, corruption and hooliganism even before a match gets under way. Once on the pitch, if the ball doesn't really interest you, then carry on destroying the opposition using all the underhand tricks at your disposal. If that doesn't guarantee victory then magic and snares will come in useful.
Even if massacring the opposition is encouraged, you'll have to use far more subtle tactics to have a chance at winning. You'll have to manage, as best you can, the individual talents of each of your players; take into account the mood of the spectators; ….. to finally be able to get a few points on the scoreboard and make the opposition look foolish. It's up to you whether you then comfort him or take advantage of him while he's down to hit him with a few well chosen words.
- 10 races covering 70 different types of players, including monsters and star players. Each race has its own style of play and its own strategy for moving up the championship ladder. Each match takes place on different pitches with their own special atmosphere.
- 170 spells and skills to improve your players or to unsettle the opposing team during a match.
- A slightly unusual atmosphere with doping, corruption, pre-match hooliganism, trap-setting and working the spectators during a match.
- A solo mode with tutorials and a Quick Match mode with 80 teams.
- A career mode which implies, over and above playing matches, the creation and management of a team during a championship or a cup. Beyond the classic game-play of trading players, hiring star players, pop-pom girls or a physio, the successful management of a team hinges on the individual progress of a player through the aggregation of his various experience.
- A multi-player mode via LAN or Internet. Possibility for one-off matches, knock-out competitions or League Tables.
- A replay mode that allows you to go over your matches whenever you want to analyse the relative strengths and weaknesses of your opponents.
Skills and Magic
- Some skills and magic require a certain amount of experience by the on-screen creature before they are fully effective. This means that their success rate depends on how competent "it" is.
- Skills work in passive mode. That is to say they are used automatically. They can bring certain advantages in such areas as combat, player physique, ….
- Magic must be applied actively during a game. Requiring more micro-management than for "skills", it sometimes procures a decisive advantage.
- Each spell has a precise use, power and time-limit. Some magic is defensive, designed to protect your players. Other spells are designed for attack and can be used to destroy opponents.
More articles about Chaos League