"We're pleased to bring `Soldiers: Heroes of World War II' to consumers this summer," said Marc Bennett, Vice President and General Manager for Codemasters. "The game's use of real historic scenarios, along with the plethora of options players have for vehicles, weaponry and command control, creates one of the most definitive World War II experiences available on the PC."
Combining the thrills of a 3D shooter and the depth of a real-time strategy game, players must rely on nerves of steel to prevail in 30 missions incorporating the actions and events of actual war heroes. Soldiers travels into the heart of combat alongside U.S., British, German and Russian forces, where players take chances in completely destructible environments as they blow up railway tracks, kidnap enemy officers, destroy convoys, witness assassinations and work toward POW rescue. More than 100 accurately modeled vehicles and weapons with advanced capabilities, including track speed, acceleration, turret speed, reload rates and armor, help units flee in the wake of heated enemy fire. In addition, the game's advanced AI allows for enemy attacks in formation, retreats, ambushes and assistance in looking for cover during an attack.
Introducing a new control method, "Soldiers" allows players to command troops using Group Control, with RTS-style "point and click" commands, or Direct Control, enabling management of individual soldiers and vehicles to take out specific enemy targets. With the inclusion of Cooperative Campaign and Death Match multiplayer options for up to four players, "Soldiers" delivers warfare on a whole new battlefield.
For more information about "Soldiers," including movie files, screenshots and the game's playable demo, please visit www.codemasters.com/soldiers.
KEY GAME-PLAY FEATURES
- The thrills of a 3D shooter with the depth of a real-time strategy game.
- "Direct Control" mechanic, so players can jump right into the thick of the action.
- Freedom to complete missions though different tactics. Use anything in the game world -- commandeer enemy ordinance, weapons and ammo.
- Advanced AI: enemies will use formations, covering and ambush tactics.
- More than 30 missions, with a huge array of vehicles and weapons.
- Fully destructible environment. Everything can be fully or partially destroyed.
- Multiplayer: 1-4 player co-op multiplayer for LAN and online.
More articles about Soldiers: Heroes of World War II