New “Open Ice Control” allows players to execute complex offensive plays or call for a defensive double team with the touch of a button. A completely overhauled skating engine captures both the explosive speed of offensive skating and the surgical precision of backwards defensive movement. And all-new face-off play calling gives gamers the ability to easily and intuitively call the shots on the ice.
EA SPORTS Dynasty Mode 2.0 goes even deeper with a new, easier to navigate interface, more interactive GM/owner relationships, and countless new management options. The game also offers a host of fast-action mini-games to help gamers hone their skills.
NHL 2005 also delivers all the action of the World Cup of Hockey, with International Teams and venues from throughout North America and Europe. Also, in addition to all 30 NHL teams and 39 teams from the elite German, Danish, and European Leauges, NHL 2005 now includes 13 teams from the Swiss Elite Leagues.
- Open Ice Control: Seamlessly switch between players with or without the puck and call for passes, set up a vicious one-timer or call for a defensive double team on the fly with the push of a button.
- Face-off Playbook: A new play-calling system lets gamers chose offensive and defensive face-off strategies every time the puck drops.
- World Cup of Hockey: NHL 2005 features all the teams, all the venues, and all the action of this year’s global tournament
- All-New Skating Engine: A new skating engine emphasizes gliding and accelerating, capturing the fast pace of hockey. A refined backwards skating system also allows for unprecedented defensive precision and control.
- The Drill: Gamers can perfect their skills in an all-new competitive multi-player mini-game where it’s every man for themselves.
- Pick up and Play Action: Fast-paced gameplay captures the pacing and flow of pro hockey, providing seasoned players with deep, nuanced gameplay, while hockey rookies are able to quickly dive in with a rewarding, easy-to-learn experience.
- EA SPORTS Game Face: Put yourself in the game, create your own team and gear up with hundreds of licensed products from CCM, Jofa, and more.
- Dynasty Mode 2.0: Gamers take on the role of a GM managing every aspect of their team’s operations, from setting ticket prices to calling up a prospect from the minors. A new PDA and email system streamlines communications and adds new depth to owner/GM relations.
- Personality-Driven AI: All-new AI recreates the play styles and personalities of the biggest names in the game.
- EA SPORTS Bio: Integrated tracking/rating system recognizes and rewards gamers for playing multiple EA SPORTS titles.
More articles about NHL 2005