Madden NFL 2005 launches the new Green Day album with their single "American Idiot", the first single from the platinum band Chevelle and new singles from Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas, THE HIVES, Hoobastank, New Found Glory and Alter Bridge – the originating members of Creed. Adding further edge to the line-up are breaking bands Yung Wun, Midtown, Earshot, Hazen Street, Mooney Suzuki, Jazze Pha, Franz Ferdinand and an exclusive rematch of The D.O.C’s “It’s Funky Enough” vs. Earshot’s “Wait” mixed by famed DJ, D.J. Z Trip.
The full soundtrack line-up for Madden NFL 2005 is:
- Wylde Bunch : Last Day of School
- New Found Glory : This Disaster
- Earshot : Wait
- Hoobastank : Same Direction
- Ozomatli : Saturday Night
- Jazze Pha : Da Heavy Hittas
- Strata : Piece By Piece
- Yung Wun : Yung Wun Anthem
- Z-Trip feat. Soup of J5 : Listen to the DJ
- The D.O.C. vs. Earshot : The Madden Re-Match
- Will.I.Am : Go!
- Hazen Street : Fool the World
- Midtown : Give It Up
- Alter Bridge : Open Your Eyes
- Green Day : American Idiot
- JR Ewing : Time to Get Dirty
- The Hives : Two-Timing Touch and Broken Bones
- Mooney Suzuki : Alive and Amplified
- Chevelle : The Clincher
- Faith No More : From out of Nowhere (Throwback Track Powered by Rhino)
- Franz Ferdinand : Take Me Out
“Madden helps set the pace of pop culture by defining the look, feel, and sound of the upcoming season,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Audio at EA. “For millions of players worldwide, the sound of football in Madden NFL 2005 will be synonymous with Franz Ferdinand, D.J. Z Trip, Green Day, THE HIVES and the other artists in the game. We sort through thousands of new songs as we make our selections. We will not put last year’s hits in this year’s game. Players around the world can count on Madden to deliver the coolest tracks of the year.”
The soundtrack is a part of the EA SPORTS™ TRAX music initiative that EA debuted in 2001. The program is dedicated to bringing gamers the hottest music through EA’s videogames.
Madden NFL 2005, developed by EA-Tiburon, is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo GameCube™, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Game Boy® Advance in stores on August 12. It will be available in September on PC and PlayStation®.