Gamers will play as one of three brand-new characters in an action-packed story of courage and sacrifice, upgrading and improving their powers as they progress. Advance Guardian Heroes is being developed by Treasure, the same studio that developed Ikaruga and Wario World. The title will be rated "E" for Everyone and is scheduled to release in September 2004 in North America with an MSRP of $29.99.
"Ubisoft is excited to be publishing a franchise as well-known and well-respected as Guardian Heroes," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft's North American division. "Fans will be thrilled to see Advance Guardian Heroes brought to the Game Boy Advance with its innovative single-player gameplay, action-packed multiplayer modes, and immersive storyline."
- A simple user interface that allows instant pick-up-and-playability. Play as Enn, a warrior with the power of fire; Ray, a warrior with the power of thunder; and Hyu, a warrior with the power of ice who specializes in defense and magic. Game features include:
- Intense "beat 'em up" action: Multi-hit combos, special attacks and counter moves.
- Unique RPG elements: Upgrade your player's characteristics and abilities as you wish throughout the game.
- Magical mayhem and incredible special moves: Hone your skills to produce stunning abilities and feats.
- Fast-action multiplayer modes: Play against or alongside friends through the game and in Versus mode in quick-battle arenas.