Developed by Electronic Arts Los Angeles, creators of the award-winning Medal of Honor video game series, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault immerses players in an authentic WWII experience, and will be available for the PC in the fall of 2004 under the EA GAMES brand. The Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Director's Edition is the first DVD release from the highly successful Medal of Honor PC franchise and, initially, it will only be available through pre-orders at major retailers, at a suggested price of $59.99.
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault gives players a sense of the courage it took to fight the Imperial Japanese Army from the shock of Pearl Harbor to triumph on the shores of the Tarawa Atoll. Set in the Pacific Theatre of Operations from 1941-1944, players will assume the role of Marine recruit Tommy Conlin as he survives the attack on Pearl Harbor, leads the assault on Guadalcanal and finally charges up the beaches for the climatic battle at Tarawa. Relying on natural instincts and a variety of authentic weapons, it's up to players to stop the Japanese war machine in its tracks.
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Director's Edition includes the full game, a WWII propaganda poster gallery, pop-up historical facts and stats, plus the following exclusive DVD features:
- Exclusive In-Game Weapon – Get the drop on the enemy with a high-powered light machine gun that is only available in the Director's Edition.
WWII Timeline Presentation – Discover the true history behind the game's missions in this detailed, interactive presentation.
- In-Game Music with Commentary – Award-winning Audio Director Erik Kraber presents the greatest Medal Of Honor music, delivered in a dynamic interactive application.
- Medal of Honor – Paths of Glory – Learn what it was like to fight in the Pacific Theater through the gripping interviews from those who were actually there.
- Silent Drill Platoon – See it with your own eyes in this narrated footage showcasing the famous pageantry of the USMC Silent Drill Platoon.
- The Thought War – Watch a video on how both sides used propaganda as a weapon in the battle for the hearts and minds of those on the home front.
- Making of the Game – Go behind-the-scenes into the creation of the game in this video that profiles the hard work that went into creating Medal of Honor Pacific Assault.
- Intro Movies with Commentary – View in-game movies with commentary from Director Brady Bell.
Fans of Medal of Honor can also look forward to a contest associated with the Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Director's Edition, details of which will be made public at a later date.
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault features the gripping, realistic WWII action that has become a hallmark of the Medal of Honor brand. In creating Medal of Honor Pacific Assault the producers sought counsel from numerous expert sources to ensure the game is as historically authentic as possible. EALA continues to work closely with the Congressional Medal of Honor Society to ensure Medal of Honor Pacific Assault reflects the ideals and integrity of the prestigious Medal of Honor. In addition, Capt. Dale Dye, who served as military technical advisor on the previous titles in the Medal of Honor franchise, continues his efforts with the Medal of Honor Pacific Assault team. The EA Medal of Honor franchise website is http://www.moh.ea.com.