Phantom Renaissance is the stand-alone expansion set for the highly acclaimed turn-based strategy game Massive Assault. Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance features a renewed global conflict between the Free Nations Union and Phantom League in distant space colonies. The game is based on the Massive Assault's original "Secret Allies" concept, acknowledged by the press and the players as innovative and "easy to learn and hard to master" one and in many respects rejuvenating turn-based genre.
"Akella is known for having a solid distribution channel in Russia, plus it has published a number of nice strategy games there," said Victor Kislyi, the president of Wargaming.net. "I've also had a chance to see their PR and advertising departments in action - all that will make our title feel like at home with Akella in Russia."
"We know Wargaming.net as a team of first-class professionals and are very happy to be publishers of their games," said Vladimir Koudr, Akella's Vice President of Publishing. "Massive Assault was critically acclaimed by both Russian and worldwide press and gamers, and Phantom Renaissance will definitely be one of Akella's top titles".
Phantom Renaissance features include:
- 6 new planets for World Wars including massive-sized deathmatch maps
- 2 Mega Campaigns
- 20 new single-player scenarios with new mission types and twists
- All-new "Assault" game mode
- All-new "RTS-style" online play mode
- New A.I. - with various computer opponent "profiles"
- 10 new units, unique for each side, leading to different strategies
- Enhanced 3D engine: remade unit, terrain and effect visualization technology
- Additional battle music
- Massive Assault Network compatibility
- 2 new viewing modes: CNN-style "fancy camera" and historic-atlas-style 2D strategic map mode
- LAN play
- Many single-player and multiplayer gameplay enhancements
Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance is tentatively set for release in late Fall 2004.