The current version (2.04) is not compatible with the previous versions of the game when playing via network. Both the server and client must have appropriate versions of the game (2.04) in order to connect.
Notes on Flickering Airfields
If you experience flickering airfields when viewed from high altitude, try the following to fix the issue.
Open the conf.ini file and add the two following lines into the OpenGL section there (or modify the existing ones):
Changes and Additions
1. Tweaked damage modelling for Il-2, Ju-88 and B-17.
2. Tweaked flight model for the Spitfire Mk. IX.
3. Modified DGEN and NGEN.
4. AI will check for friendly fire more thoroughly.
5. Replaced Spitfire ASI with new ASI with new graduations.
6. Moved attachment points for FAB-250s on B-25s.
7. Made throttle lever of Me-163 move smoothly.
8. Added bomb load variants to Hurricane Mk. IIb.
Changes and Fixes
1. Reworked engine overheat for Spitfire Mk. IX.
2. Tuned the maximal RPM for Brewster Buffalo.
3. I-185 won’t explode when propeller tips touch the ground.
4. Reduced tail wheel bump for some planes.
5. Fixed a floating tail light on TB-3 4M-34R.
6. Fixed a bug that could make Me-163’s wheel cart to drop off the plane twice.
7. Fixed some spelling errors in game texts.
8. Removed fire extinguishers on P-38s.