Featuring photo-realistic 3D graphics, Pure Pinball will test player's pinball skills across more than 30 challenges and missions, spread across four table layouts inspired by authentic American pinball designs. Each table layout provides a distinct challenge, and the mission structure will test the skills of even the best of players.
"The Xbox delivers the power we need to provide the most realistic pinball experience on any platform," said Iridon CEO Bjorn Larsson. "Pure Pinball is the closest you'll get to owning a real pinball machine without actually buying one."
"We're proud to being able to bring Pure Pinball to the Xbox," said XS Games CEO Steve Grossman. "The realism of the game brings the fun and enjoyment of the pinball genre to the Xbox for the first time ever, and pinball fans will not be disappointed."
Players can also share their high scores on Xbox Live with other players from around the world, competing in a next generation flipper fest to see who can prove themselves a true pinball wizard.
Pure Pinball for the Xbox is scheduled for release across North America in early August 2004 at an estimated retail price of $20 USD.
- Complete more than 30 challenges and missions across 4 tables based on authentic American pinball table architecture.
- Photo-realistic 3D graphics create lifelike pinball machines, with each table created from more than 150,000 polygons, all rendered n real time.
- Making use of Xbox Live, players can compete for world dominance by sharing high scores with other players from all over the world.
- The Xbox Controller vibration functions allows for trigger sensitive flippers, allowing players to feel the ball, offering a level of realism missing from other pinball titles.
- Making use of a next generation physics engine, with more than 1,500 calculations per second, the game provides unparalleled ball movement and collision detection within the 3D environment of the table.
- Multiple camera setups are possible using the real-time 3D graphics engine, allowing you to view the pinball table in a complete overview, close-up on the ball, traditional scrolling style, or even following the ball using the 'ball-cam'.
- Advanced transform & lighting technology makes for amazing special effects, including real-time light flares, metallic and glass reflections and decorative backlights.
- Feel the adrenaline in the Excessive Speed table, winning race missions to prove your handling ability.
- Fight the good fight with the World War table, completing mission assignments to win the war.
- Ride the rails of the Pony Express in the Old West with the Runaway Train table.
- Explore the universe, taking the controls of the Hyper Space table.
More articles about Pure Pinball