Join the defense of Atys starting tomorrow in the Saga of Ryzom's second Open Weekend (July 30th - August 2nd). Defend your civilization's outposts against massive invasions, and fight epic battles against hundreds of creatures, all powered by Ryzom's groundbreaking RAID Engine.
Nevrax, an online game and software development company, announced today that The Saga of Ryzom, which is currently in a closed "focus beta" stage, is opening its beta test this weekend for a special play session demonstrating its Realtime Army Invasion Deployment (RAID) Engine.
"The RAID Engine offers dynamic territorial invasions and groundbreaking mass combat on a scale never before seen in MMORPGs," explained David Cohen Corval, CEO of Nevrax, "This weekend, thousands of testers will battle hordes of monsters all across Atys."
For those interested in participating in the Open Weekend:
The open weekend officially starts at 5:00am (ET)/9:00 am GMT on Friday, July 30th and will end early Monday morning, August 2nd.
All characters will be located on Breneth. Not on Breneth already? Don't worry! Characters from the recent Focus Beta Test Appreciation weekend (June 23-25) and the regular Focus Beta Test will have their characters moved to the Breneth server so they may take part in this fun filled weekend.
All characters from previous focus beta tests who were on Breneth will be over written by those latest characters.
You will need a valid account to participate. If you need an account, register here!
Client downloads are available via BitTorrent or direct download. If you still have a client installed from a previous beta session, you can just patch it to the current version instead.
All civilizations and territories will be available.
This session is the second of several 'Open Weekends' planned as the focused beta progresses to allow testing of implemented features, server stability, balance, and other issues that may crop up before the launch of game in the second week of September.
A final open beta will run two weeks before launch, giving those who don't make the focus beta a chance to experience the Saga before it releases.
If you aren't in the focus beta and want to continue testing after the weekend, you should sign up for the focus beta! More than 120,000 players have subscribed to join the beta so far.
About the Saga of Ryzom
- Explore and adventure with thousands of others from around the world in a new land where you can truly carve out a name for yourself. The Saga of Ryzom lets you:
- Engage hordes of enemies in epic invasions driven by the RAID (Real-Time Army Invasion Deployment) Engine
- Build a truly unique character using flexible skill-based advancement systems
- Create your own customized special attacks and spells using the Modular Action System
- Construct, customize, and enchant items to create unique powerful equipment for your character
- Meet strangers, make friends, and form your own guild, then reap incredible rewards by taking on dangerous missions as a cohesive unit
- Gain fame through your adventures and become a known Hero of the land
- Unlock the lost history of your civilization and shape the course of the saga
More articles about The Saga Of Ryzom