Codename: Panzers thrusts players into the high-powered battles of World War II. Whether played in towns with bullet-riddled buildings, bleak mountain landscapes, or treacherous swamps, Codename: Panzers offers real-time combat rampages with awesome 3D graphics. Create a combat force from over 100 finely detailed units, from a flame-throwing squad to a Soviet Stalin organ rocket launcher to a German Königstiger battle tank. Players are given an ultra realistic environment in which to manoeuvre, as well as highly accurate physics, AI and hardware to use. Become the commander - demolish the enemy with clever tactical manoeuvres. Experience the nerve-jangling thrill of strategic gaming - in Codename: Panzers!
The second single player CODENAME: PANZERS demo will be made available from July 10th. UTAH BEACH is the second mission from the Allied campaign.
Normandy, 3rd June 1944. Take command of Lt. Jeffery Wilson as the American Airborne stage a daring raid to free UTAH's eastern beach from heavy artillery units. Resources are limited as B Company sneak through the undergrowth towards their target. Fighting against tough resistance and the clock, hold the small crossroads until airborne support can reinforce the position and hinder German supply convoys. The demo also supports the tutorial for unseasoned commanders.
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." - Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller - United States Marine officer, notable as the most decorated Marine in history.
- World War II sets the scene for the most detailed and realistic skirmish RTS on PC
- Totally 3D: terrain, units, buildings, weather, sound, movement, special effects - realistically portrayed in the minutest detail
- 30 versatile missions in 3 thrilling campaigns
- Every unit is designed with realistic fields of vision shaped by sound, experience and external conditions
- More than 50 individually controllable and historically accurate vehicles: tanks, cannons, trucks, jeeps and motorcycles
- A huge arsenal for the infantry, including flame throwers, bazookas, shells and mines
- Soldiers creep, crawl, run, and dive for cover
- Infantry makes use of equipment such as bandages, field telephones, binoculars and even rubber dinghies
- Using an ingenious bonus system, troops gain prestige points that can be used to buy more units or make upgrades and repairs
- Finely detailed war-damaged equipment and constructions, from realistic function failure to total annihilation
- Dramatic campaigns with German, Russian and western Allied troops
- 4 engaging multiplayer functions with several specially developed battlefields
- Training camp for all strategies and units with special abilities
- Support from bombers, hunters, scouts and naval artillery