inXile's development focus on the RPG genre comes from Brian Fargo's long legacy of delivering standard-setting RPGs to market. While inXile's principals headed production at their previous game company they won RPG of the Year crowns four years in a row.
- A new generation third-person, action-RPG game featuring wicked humor and clever personality.
- Forget the quest to save the world, our hero is interested in just two things…coin and cleavage.
- A deep RPG experience with non-linear game play resulting in many different outcomes and true replay value.
- Using the “Snarkom” conversation system lets the players choose the tone of the Bard's interactions between 'snarky' or 'nice'. Make your choice and live with the consequences.
- Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding.
- Brilliant graphics and bustling environments, alive with interactive townsfolk, original music (with singing), birds, animals, rustling trees, waving grass and trickling water, that immerse the player deep into the Bard’s world.
- Based on the storied land of the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland - the inspiration for the classic fantasy worlds.
- The modern interpretation of the original Bard's Tale, the grandfather of all RPG’s, by the original producer - Brian Fargo.
- Driven by the next generation of Snowblind's Everquest: Champions of Norrath engine.
More articles about The Bard's Tale