Port Royale, on the Island of Jamaica once known as the "Wickedest City on Earth," was soon to become one of the busiest and most economically important English ports in the Americas. Originally, Port Royale was designed as a defensive fortification to guard the entrance to the harbor. Certain geographical traits: located within a well-protected harbor; a flat topography; deep water close to shore allowed large ships to be serviced, loaded and unloaded; would put it on the fast track as a capital of commerce.
Captains, merchants, and craftsman seeking to take advantage of the trading and other opportunities established themselves in Port Royale. This fact along with the vast amount of goods and raw materials that the trades network brought in and out of Port Royale caused the city to be the mercantile center of the Caribbean. (Spanish Main)
The English, Spanish, French and Dutch rulers weren't the only ones to use the Spanish Main to increase their wealth. 2ooo of it's inhabitants, nearly half of Port Royale's population, took part in the officially sanctioned practice of privateering, or worse, piracy, in an effort to increase their personal wealth or to create an independent republic where they could rule or use as a base to plunder other nations.
Port Royale 2 is the sequel to the successful trade simulation game, Port Royale, (released in over 15 languages worldwide!).
The team behind Port Royale 2 is led by experienced lead programmer Bernd Ludewig (of the legendary "Der Patrizier" fame) and Daniel Dumont, project manager and concept author (of both the Patrician and Port Royale series!).
Port Royale 2
An adventurous trader in the Caribbean during the 17th Century; trade with over 60 towns and create your own production facilities. Increase your trading empire, and influence development of the New World.
Trade is not everything though: pirates and military fleets threaten your trade convoys. Build and command escort ships for the convoys. Turn the tides and hunt for pirates or capture the military ships. Become famous and expand your own fleet as well as your stocks of goods.
If that is not enough, take on missions for merchants, diplomats and other characters. Use a letter of Marquee to gain the most desirable missions of the vice-kings; to attack and conquer enemy towns. As a sign of gratitude you will be awarded land, to be used later for the building and growth of your own towns.
There are numerous ways to command and engage in battles: Decide which ships you take into battle, and which ships to send on escort duty. Protect your merchant ships with battleships; Sink, plunder or capture your enemies' ships. Plan and Command Sea or land based attacks on the towns of your foes, or even your friends.
An updated Interface with clear icons, created with care and attention, will provide an easy to use interface that every player will be able to pick up, even with a game of this depth.
- New and improved sea battles using modern 3D Graphic Technology, including stunning ships, damage display, new water transparencies and underwater life
- Huge game world with 4 nations and 60 towns
- Construct production facilities, houses and special function buildings to help your towns flourish
- Set up cartels and exploit your position
- Create your own towns and grow them into powerful ports
- Stronger consequences of war (towns can be conquered)
- Introductory scenarios to describe all important features of the game
- 8 special scenarios for a quick and easy start in the world of Port Royale 2
- Open ended game with endless detail and game depth
- Complete more missions and gain more wealth, property, land and enemies!
- 16 different ship-types, including types specific to certain nations and pirates
Port Royale 2 will release in September of 2004!
More articles about Port Royale 2