The spiritual successor to 2003’s hit strategy role-playing game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Phantom Brave comes to North America on the Playstation 2 this fall. Developed by Nippon Ichi and exclusively distributed by Atlus, Phantom Brave continues the intriguing game play of Disgaea while adding an immense number of new graphical and game play features.
“Phantom Brave improves upon the tactical gameplay found in Disgaea and La Pucelle in every way. Its redone, open-ended battle system is limited only by the user’s imagination,” said Akibo Shieh, Project Lead at Atlus. “If you fell in love with Disgaea, you definitely won’t want to miss out on what’s sure to be this year’s best Strategy RPG.”
About Phantom Brave
Enter thirteen-year-old orphan Marona who lives alone on Phantom Isle Island. Marona isn’t your average child, as she has the uncanny ability to see and manipulate spirits, one of whom happens to be Ash, a swordsman who died alongside Marona’s mother and father. Ash serves as a companion and guardian to Marona, counseling her as she works to help people in the surrounding islands who rely on her abilities.
Phantom Brave Key Features:
- No more grids! Free-roaming battle system allows you to strategically place your characters anywhere you want on the battle field.
- Create and customize the jobs of your soldiers with over 400 different skills and magical spells!
- Step-by-step tutorials will have even the novice player up and running in no time.
- Experience 20 heart-warming episodes spread over 100 hours of game play!
- Dual language option! Select either the original Japanese voices or the all new English dub!