EverQuest: Omens of War offers fantastic adventures set in the battle-torn lands of Discord. Players will face the destruction in the South and West Battlegrounds, explore the tattered landscape of the Discordant Plateau and wage war in the Muramite Bloodfields. Omens of War will allow players to adventure solo, in groups, and in multiple player raids to complete "Epic Quests" and earn specialized Epic weapons to assist them in their battles. All-new character levels, items, spells, and quests will challenge the most veteran of players and a new task system will offer new players an easier way to gain experience and items.
Supported by a new graphics engine, Omens of War will contain new zones in extraordinary brilliance. Built from the ground up, the new graphics engine will allow players to view new non-player characters and zones in superior detail, enhanced weather and particle effects, and a higher quality lighting system. While this new engine is already available to current EverQuest players, Omens of War will be the first expansion to take advantage of the new features, providing a whole new look to the game.
About EverQuest: Omens of War
Omens of War directs adventurers to the war-torn Realm of Discord, where they will continue their efforts with the Wayfarers Brotherhood to end the tyrannical ways of the Muramites once and for all. Mata Muram, the ruthless leader of the Muramites, is rumored to be amassing a gigantic army, and it is up to the citizens of Norrath to stop him.
Omens of War includes the following features:
- Rich new zones, detailed environments, creatures and new Non-Player Characters (NPCs) with expanded graphical features and improved spell and weather effects unlike anything ever seen in EverQuest
- An increased player level cap. Players can further develop their characters by unlocking new innovative items, powerful spells, and thrilling quests, raising them beyond the current limit of level 65 to level 70
- Earn specialized, hand-tailored Epic weapons with the completion of any of 16 epic quests
- Enhanced tribute system allows players to turn loot into favor points for the entire guild to enjoy
- All-new task system allows player characters of all levels to adventure in various zones and request quick tasks in order to gain experience and collect items
- Earn a custom title for your player character upon completion of specific tasks
- New Alternate Advancement Abilities with unique skills to master
- New tradeskill recipes to produce hundreds of new items
- Dozens of new and exciting story-driven quests for the hardy adventurer
The new expansion will be downloadable via the EverQuest launch pad for $29.99. Additionally, retailers will be offering a boxed version that will carry a suggested retail price of $29.99, which includes a special in-box item and in-game item.