“Piloting the Nissan in the Dakar Rally was an incredible experience, and I was keen to see it have a part in Colin McRae Rally 2005,” says McRae “It’s an excellent vehicle to take out on the new game’s different road surfaces and makes for one of the most entertaining elements of my preparation for next year’s event.”
Inexperienced drivers need not apply. The Nissan Pickup-Dakar 2004 will only be available to players skilled enough to beat McRae himself in the game’s career mode, where gamers will hurtle through more than 20 different classes of rally events including Challenges, Cups, SuperCups, Shields and Championships, earning the right to compete against the very best.
The Nissan Pickup-Dakar 2004 is just one of over 30 featured cars in Colin McRae Rally 2005, including the Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Peugeot 206, Ford Fiesta Rallye Concept, Subaru Impreza 44S WRX, MG 6R4 and from Mitsubishi the Lancer Evolution VIII and Montero Evolution. There are also some unusual rally drives to experience, including the 1967 Morris Mini Cooper S.
Colin McRae Rally 2005 Key Features:
- Colin McRae Rally 2005 takes the series online for up to 8 players on Xbox Live with more cars, more stages, and new challenges.
- Players drive the most diverse selection of cars through new, non-linear Career Challenge with more than 20 individual rally events and over 300 stages.
- Over 30 featured cars including the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2 and the distinctive VW Beetle RSi!
- 9 international locations (new German rally joins events through UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, and Japan), in Rally game mode, each with 8 stages. Large, animated spectator crowds cheer you on through the stages.
- Incredible detail: An individual damage model for each car – right down to paintwork scrapes and a ‘dazed’ visual effect as you recover from a crash!
With its perfect car handling, superbly designed stages, and progressive events, Colin McRae Rally 2005 is set to be the most complete and rewarding rally experience when it launches in late September.
More articles about Colin McRae Rally 2005