- An intense, fast paced first person shooter based on real-life tactics and procedures of the CRW (Counter Revolutionary Warfare) wing of the British Special Air Service (S.A.S.)
- Designed in collaboration with former S.A.S. staff instructor Rhett Butler.
- In-game video briefings given by John MacAleese - S.A.S. veteran of the Iranian Embassy Siege
- Real-time ordering system: Take command of an S.A.S. assault squad and guide them through brutal close quarter battles! Your mission - to save the lives of the hostages!
- Action focused gameplay from insertion to extraction! No need for tedious mission planning, as in real-life once the S.A.S. get deployed - negotiations are over!
- High realism AI - realistic terrorist, hostage and squad behaviour.
- Single player campaigns based on a variety of historical and fictional scenarios - including a recreation of the Iranian Embassy Siege of 1980
- Train in the world famous S.A.S. 'Killing House'. Learn room clearance skills and perfect the dark art of double tapping!
- PC and PlayStation 2 multiplayer game modes
- Multiplayer team training - hone the skills of your multiplayer team before going online and challenging others
- Community based "The Regiment" web site featuring individual player and team rankings - compare yourself against the best of the best!
- PlayStation 2 voice-over IP support (requires USB headset)
- Powered by the Unreal™ Engine includes Karma Physics
More articles about The Regiment