Chessmaster for Xbox Live is designed to help players learn, improve and master the game of chess, while challenging a variety of AI-controlled opponents and meeting other chess players online. Players can go on Xbox Live to play against friends and other ranked players, as well as obtain a ranking, chat about what’s new in chess and join a thriving online chess community. Chess novices will appreciate the easy-to-use interface for smooth navigation through basic opening moves and winning chess strategies. Players looking to improve their game or gain new skills can receive extensive advice from International Master Josh Waitzkin at the new Chessmaster Academy. At the Academy, players can also take advantage of the best aggressive chess moves taught by instructor and Grandmaster Larry Christiansen. Chessmaster is powerful enough to challenge a Grandmaster, but wise and friendly enough to teach first-time chess players.
“Now Xbox owners can play one of the greatest board games of all time and learn at their own pace, with the option of challenging other online players on Xbox Live,” said Helene Juguet, Director of Marketing. “Chessmaster is a great gift idea for whole family.”
- An extensive training mode that provides quick hints, comprehensive advice, in-game coaching, game analyses and blunder alert warnings.
- More than 180 AI opponents of different skill levels and various playing styles provide a challenge for everyone.
- More than 60 predefined tournaments and the option to customize your own tournament.
- More than 500 famous chess games with commentary, spanning five centuries of chess.
- An unlimited number of brain-teasing chess puzzles.
- Three special chess sets with whimsical animations to play just for fun – great for the whole family!