The struggle for power among the Empire's ruling circles caused the beginning of an unnecessary military expedition. The Telladarian army went far beyond state borders, to the boundless plains of Urdaj-Nagh, inhabited by the numerous and warlike Horchi orcs. But no one – nor men who took part in the campaign, nor those who issued them orders – knew that the expedition would
soon become a sparkle, which would ignite the flame of a great war…
The player will be thrown into the fantasy world of Miere where he will find himself in the middle of epic battles and tangled intrigues and will guide his heroes through love and hatred, friendship and betrayal, bitter defeats and glorious victories.
The main features of the game are:
- A rich, original fantasy world, inhabited by numerous races and nations, each with its own history, unique magic and military systems.
- An intriguing story line with many subplots and several different endings
- Original structure of missions, based on several mutually exclusive sub-quests. They are performed simultaneously with the main quest and affect the completion of the whole mission.
- Armies of up to 20000 fully polygonal creatures (infantry, cavalry, various monsters and magicians) clash in epic real-time battles on huge (4 square km) 3D maps.
- Reserves (army total can exceed 20000 cap) can be engaged in action to compensate potential losses or attain tactical advantage.
- Siege, assault and defence of cities and castles using magic and various siege devices (assault ladders, siege towers and artillery, undermining, etc.).
- The player can determine so called tactical groups, composed of one or more units under direct control of a non-player character (AI). These NPCs will rely upon simplified player commands, such as move, advance, hold, guard etc. The player can retake full control over any tactical group at any time.
- Each creature on the battlefield possesses a set of parameters and traits, based on complex RPG-like rules, unprecedented for mass strategy games.
- Heroes and their armies gain experience in the course of the game, thus improving their capabilities on the battlefield. Between missions, the player can compensate for the losses, acquire new units and modify existing ones.
- Original army management allows not only choosing from pre-designed units, but also customizing them with 50+ weapons and 30+ armours and shields. The player can also adjust the number and experience of soldiers in each unit.
- More than 100 spells will help players achieve victory on the battlefield.
More articles about Telladar Chronicles: Decline