One of the most appealing elements of the Kessen series has always been its use of the “Group Control Engine”. Kessen III will utilise the power of the PlayStation 2 to the maximum to further evolve the “Group Control Engine” that will power Kessen III. No longer will the player be limited to watching a unit attack while under the control of the group engine – now in Kessen III, the player has direct control of any unit’s action. The player now chooses to control the officer or the entire unit!
The storyline will follow the rise of the well known Oda Nobunaga and his allies and forces that supported his quest for supremacy. This deep and compelling narrative will be supported with over 120 minutes of movie sequences. Blessed with an indomitable vision and fearless constitution, Oda Nobunaga is tasked with overcoming the chaos of his world and bringing peace to Japan.
- Twice as many battles of any previous Kessen title
- Engrossing and compelling story line with every chapter and battle having unique themes
- A multitude of levelling up of your troops and a plethora of items to buy and trade with approximately 110 suits of armour and 80 helmets as two examples showing the depth of detail.
- Three difficulty settings increases replay value.
- Over 120 minutes of movie sequences adding to the drama and helping to understand the storyline of the game.
Release date : summer 2005