Patch 1.38 change list
- While storing, it sometimes occurred that the program crashed, displaying the error message "buffersize too small". This no longer occurs.
- Sometimes certain savegames crashed when patch 1.35 was installed via SpellForce TOoD without the addon. These savegames now function properly with patch 1.38.
- Sometimes during Freeplay mode, the Avatar was declared invalid while loading, if the player died right after rising one level, and then saved the game. This no longer occurs.
- Languages were mixed up on computers when players with differing language versions played against each other.
- Problems with Fog Spell have been fixed.
- Problems occurring in special cases when using the spells "Dominate" and "Charm" have been fixed.
- The random function responsible for choosing the loot didn’t pick certain items at all. This has been fixed.
- A display problem wiith TFT displays that are called via DVI has also been fixed.
Patch 1.35 change list
Free game: invalid avatars
If the user distributed remaining skill points while the avatar was respawning (after having died in Free Game Mode), this could cause the character to become invalid. The game refuses to load save games containing such characters.
It is no longer possible to distribute skill points during respawn.
Problem using several shield spells simultaneously: Auras not working:
Some auras would be ineffectual in such cases. This has been fixed.
Error message in Character Select menu if no save game has been created.
If the player quit the Character Select menu in order to reach the main menu, and if no save game existed, an Access Violation could sometimes occur. This is now working correctly.
Improved performance on Shal’Dun
After using the portals, performance problems sometimes occurred in this area. This is no longer the case.
No more attacks vs. friendly units
It was previously possible to attack friendly units using the keyboard. This has been fixed.
Portal travel during movie sequence
During ingame movie scenes, it was possible to enter a portal, potentially causing a program crash. Now it is only possible to enter portals after the scene.
Janina no longer follows
In rare cases, Janina would simply stand still instead of following the player around. This has been fixed.
Spellfire problems in the Firefangs
If the player left the Firefangs area while the Spellfires quest was active, and later returned in order to solve it, then it would sometimes not be possible to solve this quest. This has been fixed.
In rare cases, the player’s units would be blocked by neutral units, preventing them from moving. With this patch, this will no longer happen. Unfortunately, if your save game contains such a situation, it cannot be fixed.
If you used the Altar before having found all three quest items, the quest would become impossible to solve. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the sound system: Playing for a long time would occasionally cause music and sound FX to stop.
- Shockwave: This spell is now more efficient against units with high intelligence.
- Swapping runes during hero production sometimes caused heroes to lose their equipment. This has been fixed.
- Avatars with extremely high attribute values could sometimes cause calculation errors. This has been fixed..
- Installing the add-on would sometimes cause an error message in the map Greydusk Vale (in the original Spellforce game). This has been fixed.