"Our subscribers will be very impressed with the new look and feel that this expansion brings to the world of EverQuest," said Michael Lustenberger, vice president of marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "The EQ team has done an exceptional job with Omens by taking advantage of new technology to make our game look better than ever before while the new gameplay elements add fun for both new and long-time players."
EverQuest: Omens of War offers fantastic adventures set in the battle-torn lands of Discord. Players will face overwhelming danger in the Bloodfields, explore the war-torn levels of The Nobles' Causeway, and discover ancient mysteries as they venture deep into the heart of the Muramite empire. Omens of War will allow players to adventure solo, in groups, and in multiple player raids to complete "Epic Quests" and earn powerful new Epic weapons to assist them in their battles. All-new character levels, items, spells, and quests will challenge the most veteran of players, while a new task system will offer players faster-paced gameplay options and an easier way to gain experience and in-game currency.
Omens of War takes full advantage of the all-new graphics engine, showcasing new zones in extraordinary detail and brilliance. The new graphics engine will allow players to view new non-player characters and zones in superior detail, as well as providing further effects such as enhanced weather, water, sky and particle effects, and a higher-quality lighting system. While this new engine is already available to current EverQuest players, Omens of War will be the first expansion to take advantage of the new features, giving a whole new look to the game.
Omens of War directs players to venture into another realm under the dark influence of Discord -- a world torn apart and ravaged by conflict. The tyrannical Muramites, led by the evil Mata Muram, are preparing for war, building the ultimate invasion army to dominate the entire world. It's up to the citizens of Norrath to uncover the secrets of this new realm and save the lands from impending darkness.
Omens of War includes the following features:
- Rich new zones with detailed environments featuring expanded graphical elements, improved spell effects and all-new, graphically-improved monsters to fight.
- The ability to develop characters beyond level 65, unlocking new innovative items, powerful spells, and thrilling quests.
- All-new specialized and incredibly powerful Epic Weapons that come from the completion of the 16 class-specific Epic Quests. New Epic Quests will challenge even the toughest and most experienced Norrathians, as they journey alone and in groups to win these valuable items.
- An enhanced guild tribute system that allows players to turn loot into favor points for their entire guild to use.
- A new task system that allows characters to advance at their own pace by completing exciting adventures.
- All-new Custom Player Character Titles to be earned for each character's name.
- New Alternate Advancement abilities that can add a new spell slot. For the first time in more than 5 years, casters will be able to ready more than 8 spells at a time.
- Additional buff slots, available through the purchase of new AA's, which will open up more room for beneficial spells.
- New voice macro system will allow a player to send voice messages to his group letting them know vital information about his character's status.
- New disciplines, AA's, items spells, quests and tradeskills, which continue to make EverQuest the most compelling and persistent online world ever created!
The new expansion will be downloadable via the EverQuest launch pad for $29.99. Additionally, retailers will be offering a boxed version that will carry a suggested retail price of $29.99 and includes both a special in-box item and in-game item. For more information on Omens of War, please visit: http://www.omensofwar.com.
EverQuest: Omens of War is available at retail and for digital download from Sony Online Entertainment for $29.99.