Famous for the Nemesis and Oblivion rides at Alton Towers Park in England, world renowned roller coaster designer and creator John Wardley designed five roller coasters for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 that are only available through the pre-sell campaign and won't be included in the final game. Consumers are able to pre-order RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 at participating retail partners from now until the November 2nd launch.
"I've had a great time designing coasters with RollerCoaster Tycoon 3," said John Wardley, professional roller coaster designer. "Atari and Frontier are creating a superb amusement park simulation and the addition of real-life coaster technology and the ability to ride the rides you create makes the game as intense as it is captivating."
Consumers will be able to download a "coaster pack" which contains three exclusive Wardley designed pre-sell coasters. The coaster packs differ depending on where consumers place their pre-order as outlined below:
- Dueling Dragsters: A twin-track racing standup style coaster set in an oasis-style park. Available through pre-orders at all participating retailers.
- Tesla Coiler: A crazy launched coaster which looks like a giant Tesla coil. Available through pre-orders at all participating retailers.
- Splinter: A hillside wooden coaster with a lift near the end of the ride. Available through pre-orders everywhere except Electronics Boutique or Gamestop where the below coasters are substituted.
- Serpentine: A large inverter (like Nemesis, only bigger) set in a quarry or canyon. Available through pre-orders at Electronics Boutique exclusively.
- White Palms: A large and fast giga-coaster set over a lake. Available through pre-orders at Gamestop exclusively.
The RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 pre-sell program begins on September 15th at participating retailers and the exclusive pre-sell coasters will be available for download beginning on October 26th, one week prior to the game's November 2nd in-store date.
At the time of registration, consumers at Electronics Boutique, Gamestop and Best Buy in the U.S., and other local retailers worldwide, will receive a pre-sell box. This box will contain a key-code and instructions to unlock and download a "coaster pack" containing three custom-designed roller coasters (as outlined above). Consumers can also pre-order online at EBgames.com, Walmart.com, Amazon.com, and CompUSA.com and will receive a key code via email to download the coasters.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 features stunning 3D graphics, a CoasterCam that lets players "ride the rides," a Fireworks MixMaster to create fireworks displays, dozens of new rides and themed attractions, a Peep Designer, VIPeeps, a Sandbox Mode, customizable music and various day and nighttime cycles.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is being developed by Frontier Developments, Ltd. and has a U.S. in-store date of November 2nd and a November 5th launch date in territories outside the U.S. A demo of the game will be available worldwide on Monday, September 27th at www.atari.com/rollercoastertycoon. Additional details about the game and the pre-order campaign are also available on the web site.
More articles about Rollercoaster Tycoon 3