Thank you for installing Mortyr II demo. This text file contains last minute information that did not make it into the manual, as well as more detailed information on various features already covered in the manual.
- Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows XP (Windows 95 and NT are not supported)
- 800Mhz Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
- 128 MB RAM
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
- 300 MB free hard disk space plus space for saved games
- 16 MB 3D TnL Accelerated video card using a DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- 1.2 GHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
- nVidia GeForce 3 3D graphics accelerator card or similar
- 512 MB RAM
- 3D accelerated sound card
Hard Drive Space
300 MB of free hard drive space is required to install the demo.
More space is also needed for save games. Each saved game uses approximately 15Mb of disk space. Users are advised to allow around 300 MB for save game files.
Additionally, Windows will require its own free hard drive space for its operating system (virtual memory). The amount of space required varies from 100 MB to 750 MB. If you have less than 250 MB free space you may encounter the following message in an error dialogue box:
"Ran out of virtual memory"
If you encounter this message, free up some hard drive space.
You can download the latest version of DirectX from http://www.microsoft.com/directx.
Improving Gameplay Performance
Some machines will benefit from experimenting with your video/sound options:
- From the Launcher, select Resolution and change the settings from 800x600x16 to other options. You may change to 640x480 or 1024x768, and change the bit depth on any resolution to either 16 or 32.
- Also from the Launcher, deselect option "Enable large textures".
- Turn off "Antialiasing".
- Turn off "Anisotropic filtering".
- Turn off "Trees always full detail" option.
- Try reducing your video resolution to 640x480, 16 bit. The lower the resolution and the bit depth, the easier it is for your computer to run the game.
- From the Performance menu, try selecting the "Fast" option.
-It is highly recommended that you instal DirectX 9.0c as this is known to resolve a number of video card and other issues.
Video Card Drivers
-Some video card drivers do not support DirectX correctly. Typical problems that may occur with these drivers include:
- Crashing on starting up
- Crashing when changing video resolutions
- Corrupted textures
- Garbage artifacts on screen
- Unexpected bright flashing on screen
- Unusually slow performance.
The solution is to go to your video card manufacturer's website and download updated drivers for your card. It is highly recommended that, given an option, you download and install Microsoft-certified (WHQL) drivers.
The following control schemes are the default when you first launch Mortyr II. You may customise them at any time by clicking on Controls and then Customise controls from the main menu.
Action Primary Secondary Key
Move forward/back W/S arrows up/down
Step left/right A/D arrows left/right
Look around move mouse
Jump right mouse button
Attack/shoot left mouse button
Weapon select keys 1, 2, ..., 0
Next weapon mouse wheel up
Previous weapon mouse wheel down
Reload weapon [R]
Zoom middle mouse button
Crouch left [Ctrl]
Walk left [Shift]
Toggle walk/run [Q]
Objectives panel [O] [X]
Create screenshot [F8]
Brightness up [Home]
Brightness down [End]
Performance Up (faster) [Page Up]
Performance Down (more details) [Page Down]
More articles about Mortyr 2