Mixing ultra realistic graphics with the most intense medieval battles imaginable, players spearhead full scale combat and sieges with over a 150 fighting characters on one screen, waging war against a relentless opposing enemy. Published by PHANTAGRAM and distributed in the UK by KOCH Media, 'Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders' will be priced at 39.99 GBP.
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is the sequel to the 2001 PC RTS action game Kingdom Under Fire: A War of Heroes. Set fifty years after the events of A War of Heroes, the Dark Legions have returned, bringing with them death and destruction. The brief peace, shattered forever, as villages and towns fall beneath the might of the invading forces.
Crusaders feature two main races to control; the Humans and Dark Legions. Starting with one basic infantry unit, players have the ability to hire and acquire additional units, or develop them into more specialized and powerful units as the game progresses. Battles in Crusaders will be fast and fierce, with the players leading their army into battle and fighting the enemy themselves at the same time. Up to 150 characters can appear on screen at once during a battle scene. Elements such as rain, wind, fire, and even the earth beneath the army's feet can affect the strategy and outcome of battles. A world map presents players with destinations to send their army. While moving across the continent, players can stop by castles, gain endorsements from feudal lords, hire mercenaries, replenish or change equipment, and more.
The game will also feature support for the Xbox Live service, allowing players to go for a death-match with up to 4 players, further upgrade their armies with the gold and experience points rewarded as the results of the battles, climb a real-time ranking ladder, and download upgraded mission packs, characters, and items. For more information, visit the official website at - www.kuftc.com
- Experience Chaotic Medieval Battle on Epic Scale!
- Up to 1,000 units on the battlefield at any one time, with up to 150 on screen at any one time, each one beautifully rendered with 2,000 to 3,000 polygons.
- On the players command, hundreds of units attack the enemies, sacrificing their lives for victory. You will be a hero- the first to strike and the last one standing.
- Over thirty types of units to choose from, from ordinary infantry to hideously transformed monsters and extraordinary aerial creatures.
- Players can create an almost unlimited combination of troops for maximum tactical strategy.
- Realistic physics show units using tools and equipment, such as fire from an entrenched mortar and stone-throwers. The harder players train their units, the more efficiently they carry out the commands.
Various Elements for players to build their strategy on.
- Customized, upgradeable characteristics and skills for troops and generals.
- Upgradeable armour and weaponry.
- Natural elements, such as ground height, direction of sunlight, soil resistance, real-time day & night cycles and weather patterns.
- Other factors including density of troops, level of training, timing, experience points and weaponry.
Powerful Hero System
- All heroes come with their own sets of special moves and abilities, and can call upon the magical abilities of sub-heroes.
- RPG element allows heroes and their soldiers to gain experience as they progress, earning gold for upgraded weapons and armour.
- An individual hero is powerful enough to turn the tide of battle, but not enough to win the war single-handedly. It is crucial to train and prepare troops for imminent battles.
Unit Upgrade System
- Main character and soldiers can gain experience and level up as they progress through the game.
- Between each mission, players can visit a castle to upgrade soldiers by equipping them with new weapons and armours, tweak their ability points, assign a new leader or radically change the troops before the next battle.
- At the beginning of the game, a player can choose one main character from four distinct races; two from the Human side and two from the Dark side. Each selection will determine the player's perspective and influence the destiny of the character.
- Aside from clear mission differences, a few important events will take place from different viewpoints with varying motives and goals.
Realistic Sound Effects
- In the heat of combat, soldiers shout out battle information and threat warnings in real-time. No more dull text system messages on the screen. Soldiers express cries of pain, victory and defeat.
Dynamic Camera Work
- Dynamic camera work as only seen on mega-budget film, capturing the essence of true epic battle.