A virtual unknown in the North American market at this time last year, The Saga of Ryzom has grown to become one of the most hotly anticipated MMOG releases of 2004. Called “a serious contender in the fantasy-MMOG market,” by GameSpy , and deemed 2004’s “Best MMO of E3” by WarCry Network, Ryzom received close to 170,000 sign ups for its beta, which ended September 14.
“Today’s North American market is a demanding environment within which to launch a massively multiplayer game,” said David Cohen Corval, CEO of Nevrax, “and we are very gratified at the level of enthusiasm with which American and Canadian gamers have greeted Ryzom.”
With an immersive player-driven storyline, a dynamic ecosystem, groundbreaking mass combat mechanics, and lush graphics, The Saga of Ryzom is the answer to the prayers of massively multiplayer gamers seeking a fresh, compelling experience instead of cookie-cutter fantasy settings.
Three generations ago, the proud civilizations of Atys perished in the Great Swarming, when hordes of Kitins swept from the Prime Roots and wrought war and genocide. Now it is time to reclaim your heritage. Join forces with thousands of others, master the arts of sorcery, war, and tradecraft, and re-forge the destiny of your people. The secrets of the past have been lost, but the Saga of Ryzom has just begun.
The Saga of Ryzom is a new massively multiplayer online RPG launching worldwide in September 2004. In The Saga of Ryzom, you create your own personal character and choose your own quests and adventures to shape your new destiny. Become a great hero with the power to change the future of entire civilizations.
The Saga of Ryzom features:
- A Story Line That Matters: Enjoy a wholly original universe fusing science fiction and fantasy where players shape the story and each server charts its own course.
- A Lush, Living Ecosystem: The world of Atys is alive, with a rich and diverse ecology where flora and fauna dynamically interact with each other and the ever-changing environment. Nothing is static in Ryzom.
- Massive Territorial Invasions: Ryzom’s RAID Engine delivers excitement on a large scale. Monsters will assault key outposts, dynamically invade territories, and devastate entire regions if left unchecked.
- Epic Battles with Hordes of Monsters: Fight hundreds of creatures at once in pitched battles! Ryzom offers groundbreaking mass combat mechanics that allow combat on a scale never before seen in MMORPGs.
- Flexible Skill-Based Advancement: Develop your character through a skill-based system that grows in detail as you gain experience. Ryzom offers five huge skill trees with thousands of possible choices.
- Customized Skills and Special Attacks: Ryzom’s unique Modular Action System lets you create your own custom actions. From a core set of building blocks, make as many spells and special attacks as your imagination will allow.
- Rich Item Creation/Enchantment: Hunt and forage for scarce natural resources to craft complex items from the bottom up, then add enchantments to your equipment to make it vastly more powerful.
- Guilds and Factions: Meet new friends and form your own Guild to compete against other players (PvP) or build strong alliances to face common enemies in mass combat.
More articles about The Saga Of Ryzom